Chapter 12: The Wedding (Part 1)

Not much to say....except THANK YOU. In exactly nine week, I have gotten 3000+ reads. When I started writing this, I was hoping for 100 reads when I finished. This morning, when I saw that I had 3000+ reads, the part of me that died when Hedwig died came back alive. (This may not seem like a lot but when I read HP and the Deathly Hallows for the first time and Hedwig died, I got a fever and skipped school because it affected me that much). So THANK YOU.

Enjoy!

******************************************************

An invitation to a wedding invokes more trouble than a summons to a police court.

--William Feather

The next two days flew by in a blur. Draco was at Harry’s bachelor party and Hermione was busy alternating between working at the Ministry and taking care of last minute details for Ginny’s wedding. And in no time at all, the big day was here.

            “Hi, Mrs. Weasley,” Hermione called out as she walked into the Burrow.

            “Hello dear,” Mrs. Weasley said as she enveloped Hermione in a bone crushing hug. “How are you? You look hungry. Would you like something to eat?”

            “No thank you. How is everything going so far?” Hermione asked, smiling at Mrs. Weasley’s attempt to make her eat more. “Something’s never change,” she thought.

            “The tent is up and mostly everything is ready. It’s so hard to believe that my little girl is getting married. It seems like it was only the other day when we were dropping her off at Kings Cross for the first time.” Mrs. Weasley sighed, lost in memories. “Oh, sorry dear. I lost my train of thought. Ginny is upstairs with Fleur, Gabrielle, and Luna.”

            “Will you be helping Ginny get ready?” Hermione asked unsure of Wizarding traditions.

“I’ll come in later to do the hair—,” she was interrupted by a loud crash outside. “You go on ahead, dear. I’m going to check on that. Arthur!” she called out as she marched outside.

Hermione smiled as she looked around her. “I really missed this place,” she thought before she walked up the stairs to Ginny’s former room.

“Finally! You are here!” exclaimed Ginny from her window where she was watching the boys set up the tent.

“Where are Luna, Fleur, and Gabrielle?” Hermione asked as she set her bags down.

“We’re here!” Luna called out as she, Fleur, and Gabrielle appeared with a faint pop.

“We had to get a few more things,” explained Fleur, holding up the bags in her hands.

“Well, now that we are all here, lets get down to business.”

__________________________________________