Chapter 11: The Slytherin Prince & the Gryffindor Princess

So, I was looking back at the last chapter when I realized how long my rant/babbling was. I am really sorry, I didn't think it would be that long. So from now and on, I will try to be concise and babble less. Unless it's something that I absolutely must tell you. Like this (therefore this is not considered as one).

Video on the side is great...watch it.

And the picture on the side goes with the story.

Anyways...Here is the next chapter as promised. And Chapter 12 will be uploaded in a few days, thanks to morningstar_clm16.

Enjoy!

***********************************************************************

Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.      

--Buddha

The next morning, Hermione was preparing breakfast when Draco appeared with a pop, wearing his pajamas and clutching a newspaper.  “Did you see this?”

            “There is something on that wall called a door,” Hermione replied pointing to the wall.  “And you need to learn how to use it.”

            “And breakfast is on the table,” announced Hermione ignoring him as she entered the dining room with a stack of blueberry pancakes.

            “How did you know that I’d come?” asked Draco as he eyed the table that was set for two.

            “Oh, didn’t I tell you?  I must have forgotten.  I have recently acquired “the sight” that Professor Trelawney kept on harping about,” replied Hermione.

            “Someone obviously woke up on a completely different side of her bed this morning. Perhaps on the floor,” Draco commented thoughtfully before digging in.  “So, in all seriousness, did you see it?” he asked gesturing at the newspaper he’d brought that was currently lying on the table open to the front page.

The Slytherin Prince & the Gryffindor Princess

            The identity of the Wizarding World’s most eligible bachelor’s mystery girl is mystery no more!  This mystery girl is none other than our beloved war hero, Hermione Granger!  The couple was spotted entering a muggle “theatre” hand in had (see picture) and later spotted having a romantic dinner at The Luxe, the newest restaurant to star in legendary chef Dean Thomas’s “Top 10 Magical Places To Eat” list.

            Although most of the Wizarding World never saw this coming, many of Hogwarts’s former students claim to have witnessed strong sparks between the two during their final year.

            Whether this is true or not, we may never know.  But we end this article with many happy wishes to the new couple, The Slytherin Prince & the Gryffindor Princess.

            “Yeah, I saw it.  But I saw those first,” she replied gesturing to a pile of letters by her fireplace.  “Some even sent howlers accusing me of cheating on Ron with you.  I don’t know how they got my address though.”

            After they finished eating and began doing the dishes, Draco spoke abruptly, disrupting the comfortable silence.

            “Why are you doing this?”

            “Doing what? The dishes? Because they are dirty, obviously,” Hermione replied feigning naivety, while clearly knowing, and dreading, where the conversation was heading.

            “Not the dishes,” Draco replied rolling his eyes.  “This. The deal. Everything.  I knew I could get you to agree, but I didn’t even try. I didn’t even have to. You just agreed. Why?”

            “Because I couldn’t say no to you.  Because you hold a special place in my heart,” Hermione replied simply. 

            “WHAT?!” Draco sputtered.

            “Yes, you will forever hold a special place in my heart as the Amazing Bouncing Ferret,” she replied bursting into laughter.

            “Haha. Very funny,” Draco said with a steely glare. Hermione wasn’t sure if she imagined the momentary shadow of disappointment that darkened his eyes. “You will never let that go, will you?”

            “Nope,” replied Hermione, popping the p. “Never.”

____________________________________________________

            After Draco left and Hermione was alone, her thoughts went back to their conversation. “Why did I agree?” she asked herself.

            “I don’t know,” she softly whispered out loud, too afraid to accept the answer her brain gave her. Too afraid to say it out loud. Too scared to accept the truth; the truth she had been repressing since that day in the room of requirements. 

*************************************************************

That's it for today. Expect another upload within a few days...

Until then, Vote & Comment. Because the more you do so, the more it makes me want to upload =)

So if you haven't voted for the past chapters and you really like this story (which I hope you do) then please go back and vote. Becasue that would make me really, really happy :)