Chapter 23: The Calm, Before the Storm (Part 1)

Hello! My vote requirement has been reached, so here I am I (for the second time within the time span of two days) posting again. Except this time it's an actual chapter.

That video on the side just cracks me up. It is hilarious. Or rather, I find it hilarious for some reason...especially the first 15 seconds...

The picture of the dress Hermione is wearing is on the side>>>>>>>

This is one of my favorite chapters, so I hope you like it as much as I do....

Enjoy!

*****************************************************************

“Fate is like a strange, unpopular restaurant filled with odd little waiters who bring you things you never asked for and don't always like.” 
― Lemony Snicket

            “Hermione! How much longer are you going to take?” Draco yelled in front of Hermione’s door. “I’m not getting any younger out here!”

            “I shall take however long as I please,” Hermione called out from inside her bedroom as she zipped up her dress. “And no one cares about you anyways!”

            “You see, what you actually mean is that no one cares about my age. People love me regardless of my age.”

            “Sure. If denial helps you sleep better at night.”

            “It does,” Draco added meaningfully, smirking as he did so.

            “Sometimes, I wonder why I still talk to you. You take everything I say and twist it into something perverted!” Hermione complained as she began doing her makeup.

            “Oh, you know you love it,” Draco replied, his smirk getting wider.

            “Trust me, I don’t,” Hermione called out as she finished the last touches on her makeup.

            “Oh, really? I--,” Draco began, his smirk now getting dangerously wide.

            “Shut Up, now would you?!” Hermione yelled, getting tired of being made fun of.

            “I would, if you hurried up.”

            “Merlin! I’m almost done. Fifteen more minutes!”

            “Fifteen more minutes?! In which way are you ‘almost done’? You’ve already been in there for hours!” Draco complained.

            “Well, then a few more hours shouldn’t hurt, right?” Hermione asked with a smile on her face, which wiped right off of her face when she realized what she had just said.

            “Oh, Really? If you sa--,” Draco began.