Chapter 27: One Poppy Seed Muffin (Flashback Part 3)

I am so sorry that I didn't upload on Saturday like I said I would. I had to study for my AP Bio exam and then I was sick. But I do have good news, which I will include at the end of this chapter.

The picture on the side is the exaggerated version of what happened >>>>>

Enjoy!

**************************************************

As Hermione walked in and grabbed a poppy seed muffin, she heard someone call her name. She looked up to find Ginny waving furiously at her.

            “Since I’m late already, I suppose it wouldn’t hurt to say hi before leaving,” Hermione decided, heading towards Ginny.

            “Hi Ginny!” she greeted. “Harry! I thought you left last night!” she exclaimed when she saw Harry sitting by Ginny.

            “Hey yourself!” Harry replied with a smile. “I didn’t leave, I stayed at Hogs Head.”

            “Yeah. He said he couldn’t even think of missing what’s about to happen for the world,” Ginny replied with a roll of her eyes, though she seemed quite excited herself.

            “What’s about to happen?” Hermione asked confusedly.

            “Turn around and see for yourself,” Ginny replied.

            Eager to not miss whatever it is that was happening, Hermione turned around to get the shock of her life. For walking down the aisle towards her was no other than Ronald Billius Weasley.

            “Ron!” she exclaimed, racing towards him.

            She began slowing down when she realized that he wasn’t running towards her. Instead, he got down on one knee and pulled out a maroon box from the fold of his cloak.

            As Hermione came to a stop in front of him, he began, “I know I have been quite a git lately and always had the emotional range of a teaspoon, but despite all of that, will you marry me?”

For some reason a picture of Draco popped into Hermione’s head, discarding the picture she faintly whispered with a teary smile, “Yes.”

            Immediately the entire Great Hall burst into cheers. Even Professor McGonagall spared them a rare smile.

            Perhaps this is why no one but Hermione noticed the man who had entered the Great Hall the second before she had said yes.

            As Ron slid the ring on Hermione’s finger, her eyes were trained on the grey eyes of the newcomer. A strange look, one she had never seen before, crossed Draco’s eyes and vanished before she could decipher it. His face took on a stony look and without a last glance, he strode out of the Great Hall.

___________________________________

            “Draco!”Hermione called out as she exited her Ancient Runes classroom. “Draco! Wait.”

            Draco reluctantly turned around with an irritated look on his face.

            “Why are you walking so fast?” Hermione huffed. “You are running like Severus Snape confronted with shampoo.”

            Although Draco was thoroughly angry, he couldn’t help the smirk from materializing on his face. “Stealing my lines, are we now?”

            “You wish! That was an original,” Hermione snorted. “So what were you going to tell me?”

            “When?” Draco asked, feigning confusion.

            “You said on the note that you sent me to meet you by the lake. You said it was urgent,” replied Hermione.

            “Oh that,” Draco replied. Taking a long look at the ring on her finger, he replied, “I just wanted to tell you that last night…it didn’t mean anything. It was a spur of the moment action. Let’s just pretend that it didn’t happen and go back to how things were before.”

            “Oh. Ok,” Hermione replied faintly before continuing with a fake cheerful voice. “That’s good. I didn’t know how I was going to tell you that, but you just did that yourself. By the way, did you hear that---“

            Thus Hermione babbled on, quite aware of the disappointment that bubbled inside of her.

************************************************

Sorry that it was short. I hope you guys enjoyed it.

GOOD NEWS: I'm done with my bio ap exam and kinda don't care about the english one. So early updates are back!!!!!

So, please VOTE!!!

And comment. Like a LOT. Because I LOVE reading your comments.

And fan, but only if you really want to =)