Chapter 3: A Howler, A Picture & A Deal

So....I thought that I'd upload on Christmas, as a Christmas present...but that kinda didn't work out very well. I got lazy *ahem* I mean I was busy. But either way, here it is.

           And I put another video up. Once again these videos have nothing to do with the story, and if they do I'll let you know. I hope you guys like it, because its AWESOME!! (I'm talking about the video, not chapter 3. But I hope you like chapter 3 as well)

Enjoy!

                                        **********************************

 “Sometimes a deal with the Devil is better than no deal at all”

                                                                                                         ---Lawrence Hill

           Hermione was tired of all the sympathetic look she had received and was still receiving. All day long, people had been treating her as if her parents died or some tragedy similar to that occurred. Patting her on the back, whispering comforting words. One old witch even told her that she was “sorry for her great loss”. Not to mention all the mail that had been pouring in to “comfort” her on “great” loss.

            After five hours of this utter nonsense, including quite a few howlers from people who were convinced that she had broken Ron’s heart, she couldn’t take it anymore. She told her co-workers, Blaise Zabini and Luna Lovegood, that she was leaving early and dissapparated to her apartment on South Hampton.

            “Alohamora,” she said pointing her wand at the lock, too worn out to dig her keys out of her purse or worry about what her muggle neighbors might think if they saw her doing magic. As she walked in, a voice startled her.

            “No wonder the Weasel left you, Granger. You look like a baglady,” a voice drawled from a nearby sofa.

            She looked around until her eyes landed upon the owner of the voice. She took an involuntary step back from the shock of seeing who she thought was the last person on the planet to ever enter her apartment, sitting in a sofa like he did it every day.

            “Dr- Malfoy? W-What are you do-doing here?” Hermione stammered out after finding her voice. “And can you not greet people without insulting them?” she asked as the confusion in her voice was replaced with irritation.

            “As for the first question, I’m here because of the little article in The Daily Prophet that you must have seen. And as for the second question,” he continued with a smirk, “No, I cant. At least not to you.”

            “Even after four years, you haven’t changed a bit, have you Malfoy?” asked Hermione. “Still an arrogant, conceited, pompous prick with a bloated ego.”

            “Well, you haven’t changed either, have you Granger?” retorted Draco, effectively mocking her tone. “Still an irritating, insufferable, know it all with bushy hair.”

            “So, out with it. Why are you here, Malfoy? And make it fast because I don’t have the time or patience for this.”