Chapter 20: The Unstoppable Force & the Immovable Wall

Wow...Wonderstruck is 9 chapters from ending...This is kind of sadder than I though it would be...*sniff*

Anyways...

I'm still obsessed with One Direction (SO BEAUTIFUL!)  :) So that explains the song on the side and the songs for the next few chapters...

Enjoy!

***************************************************

In the face of an obstacle which is impossible to overcome, stubbornness is stupid.
Simone de Beauvoir

            The next morning Draco woke up to an empty apartment. Hermione had gone to work two hours early to avoid Draco. Draco couldn’t decide if he was angry or amused, so he decided to eat breakfast instead.

______________________________________

            “I can’t possible stall any longer,” Hermione decided and began gathering her belongings. She was so keen on avoiding Draco that she had stayed four extra hours after work, trying to waste time. In fact, she was almost done with the entire month’s work. But after the clock struck nine, she finally accepted the fact that she must go home at some point or another.

            After taking fifteen minutes to pack and repack her purse, she finally apparated to Draco’s apartment. As she opened the door and walked in, she immediately regretted not wasting more time in her office. She had to fight the urge to turn around and walk right out, because on the recliner facing the door was Draco Malfoy, staring intently at her.

            “Hello, Hermione,” Draco drawled from the recliner.

            “Hello, Malfoy,” Hermione replied stiffly, causing Draco’s eyes to harden.

            “So we’re back on last names basis, are we Granger?” Draco asked with a cold sneer.

            Hermione didn’t know what to reply, so she began walking towards her door.

            “My, you are so cut up over such a small incident, aren’t you?” Draco asked as he got up from the recliner and walked up to Hermione, blocking her path. “If I didn’t know you any better, I’d think that you are jealous.”

            “I don’t feel like arguing with you right now. So I suggest--,” Hermione began.

            “Or are you jealous?” Draco asked taking a long step toward her, causing her to take a step back.

            “I am not jealous,” yelled Hermione, quite frustrated.

            “Then why are you so worked up over this? Why are you trying to avoid me?” Draco asked calmly.

            “Don’t you think I have a reason to do so, considering what you did?” Hermione replied, narrowing her eyes.

            “Would you care to inform me of what grave crime I have committed?” Draco asked sarcastically.

            “Oh. So now you are going to pretend that you don’t know?! I am thoroughly disgusted with you. Actually I’m more disgusted at myself that I’m still talking to you! The next thing you know, you are going to deny sending me the owl or the rose or the letter!”

            “I didn’t send any of that,” exclaimed Draco. “As--.”

            “And now you are denying it!” Hermione added with a bitter laugh.