Chapter 9: Once a Malfoy, Always a Malfoy

I'm feeling very random today, so I posted a very random picture on the side.

This is the first and most likely last time I will post a non-Harry Potter video on here. This is a Hunger Games one that is made by the same amazing people who made "Slytherin Night," which I posted quite a few chapters ago. They are amazing. The video is amazing. You are amazing. I am hungry.

That was random. Oh well.

Enjoy!

************************************************************

Disappointment is a sort of bankruptcy - the bankruptcy of a soul that expends too much in hope and expectation.    --Eric Hofffer

As Hermione walked into the Ministry, people started giving her weird looks. For a good ten minutes, she was completely bewildered by her reception. Suddenly realization dawned upon her. "I can’t possibly look that different, can I?" she wondered. After thinking about her hair and what she was wearing, she concluded that she indeed look different. As she stepped onto the elevator, she fingered her skirt. She was wearing a black pencil skirt and a white sleeveless ruffle top. Definitely not what she’d usually wear to work.

"Are you looking for someone?" asked Seamus Finnegan, one of her co-workers, as he stepped into the elevator. "Maybe me?"

"No, I’m pretty sure I’m not looking for you," replied Hermione.

"Sure?" asked Seamus cockily.

"Pretty positive," replied Hermione with a smile.

"Do you need help finding anything?" asked Seamus suggestively.

"Seamus, I’ve been working here for two years. I think I can find my way around my office," replied Hermione with an amused look on her face. "By the way, does Hannah know how much you flirt with everyone?"

"I broke up with Hannah. Wait—What—Hermione? Is that you?" asked Seamus with a shocked look on his face, squinting as if to try to see Hermione behind a façade.

"Yeah, it’s me," Hermione replied awkwardly as the elevator door opened.

"Wow! You look hot!" Seamus yelled out as Hermione walked out of the elevator, making her blush beet red.

As she walked in the door of her office, she caught her breath. Sitting on her desk was a huge bouquet of exotic roses. She didn’t need to look at the card attached to know who it was from. She opened the note with a smile on her face.

Dearest Beaver,

We are going to Pansy Parkinson’s birthday bash tonight at eight. I’ll come by at seven-thirty, don’t be late. And did you hear about Blaise and Luna? I was not expecting that.

Sincerely,

The Charming Prince

P.S. I thought your office needed a bit more color.

Just as she finished reading the note, she heard a gasp by the door. She looked around to see Parvati Patel, her secretary, standing by her door, staring wide eyed at Hermione.

"You…you…,"she stuttered.

"Yes, Parvati?" asked Hermione.

"You…You’re mystery girl?" she stuttered with a shocked look on her face.

Hermione didn’t know whether she should be amused or offended.

"OMG! You are!" Parvati squealed as she saw the flowers. She then hurried out of the room muttering excitedly. "I have to tell Lavender…shocked…wow."