Chapter 19: A Rose is A Rose is A Rose

Dedicated to GryffGirl7, for writing the most amusing comment I've recieved so far :)

Wow. Did not expect 104 votes in twenty-four hours. To say that I am shocked would be a serious understatement. I'd like to thank each and every single one of you for voting. I thought I was delusional from lack of sleep when I saw my vote count this morning.

The picture is pretty.

The video kind of fits a part of this story, much to my surprise.

Now that I have explained the stuff on the side (whew!)...

Enjoy!

*********************************************************************

 “Life is a Rose; beware of the thorns”

                                                                                    -Unknown

            “I didn’t know you could cook,” Hermione commented the next morning, quite surprised at seeing Draco in the kitchen. 

            “I can’t,” Draco replied as he finished the last of his scrambled egg. “But Pokey can. The food is in the kitchen, by the way.”

            “Who’s Pokey?” Hermione asked curiously as she munched on a slice of green apple.

            “She is my house elf,” Draco replied. “I’m usually never home, so she cooks and cleans then goes back to the manor.”

            “So where are you usually, if you are never at home? It doesn’t seem like you work much.”

            “I’m usually always at conferences around the world. This month just has been less hectic than usual. But I’m suppose to be at a conference in Switzerland, in an hour,” replied Draco glancing at his watch.

            “When are you coming back?” asked Hermione.

            “Tomorrow night. Would you care to accompany me?” Draco asked suddenly, shocking himself.

            “Me?! No! What would I do at your conference?”

            “The conference is just for a few hours in the morning. After that you could explore Switzerland.”

            “Thank you for the kind offer. But I have to work,” Hermione replied apologetically.

            “On a Saturday?” Draco asked skeptically.

            “The Law Enforcement department has to do extra hours. And as the head of the department, I can’t skip it.”

            “Well, if you change your mind, the address is on my desk,” Draco added rising to leave.

            “Are you leaving already?” Hermione asked.

            “Yes. See you tomorrow.”

            “Bye.”

____________________________________

            When Hermione walked into her office a few hours later, she was too shocked by the sight in front of her to step forward. She hoped with all her heart that Parvati wasn’t here yet. For if she was here, gossip would spread like wildfire throughout the Ministry as well as the Wizarding World courtesy of one Lavender Brown.