What Have I Done

Chrissie

I woke up with the daylight streaming in my bedroom window, I groaned and rolled onto my side, groaning even louder as my head had a perpetual twenty one gun salute going on inside it.

I managed to open one eye blinked a few times to get it to focus, before slamming it shut against the bright light, then my brain came round and both my eyes shot open.

Shit it was ten thirty and I'm due into work in half an hour. I tried to sit up the emphasis on tried, pushing down with my hands I flopped around like a landed fish, as my head pounded away and my vision was swimming all over the place.

Eventually with much moaning, groaning and cursing I sat up in my bed, I was still in my clothes from last night and I was on top of the bed as it was still made, the curtains were wide open, hence the strong light.

Shit what the hell happened I though placing my hands on my head in the hope I could stop my brain from swaying about.

Then like a drama unfolding on the stage, my actions from the night before started to come back and the more they unraveled the more worried I became.

Meeting Mr sexy Superstar, fish and chips, drinking, but I don't drink then bang!

The bet the walk back to his place, the taunting of the other one would back out first and what I'll do with all my winnings the emailed documents, the signing of said documents.

I quickly looked around my room, well as quickly as my throbbing head would allow and there on my make shift dressing table sat a pile of A4 sheets of paper, which weren't there yesterday.

"Oh no" I groaned putting my head down into my waiting hands. "What the hell have I gotten myself into"

**********************

Brent

Why am I shaking plus where the hell am I and what that noise.

"Mr Simons, Mr Simons, wake up please you can't sleep here, Mr Simons"

I let out an almighty sigh and struggled to a sitting position, I closed my eyes quickly to quell the mass rioting going on in my head.

"What, where am I who are you?" I whispered as any louder and my head would rebel against me.

"Mr Simons, thank God you're awake, you're sleeping on the couch in the lounge of the bear hotel, you need to get up sir, Tim's here to help you up to your room if you require, or should I call a doctor?"

"No, no thanks I'm fine now, just give me a minute I'll go up to my room, thank you"

Twenty minutes later as the shower worked it's magic plus the tablets and bottle of water were helping, I struggled to remember what had happened for me to be in this state.

Then like a flash of lightning it came rushing back to me, beautiful Chrissie, fish and chips, drinks, the bet!
Shit, I quickly shut of the shower and wrapping a towel around me, headed into the bedroom glancing around and there on the bedside table the documents, picking them up, I read through them quickly and there at the bottom was Chrissie's and my signature's, it wasn't a dream we really did make the bet.

How the hell am I going to get out of this mess, I hunted down the phone and Made an international call to Hollywood.

"Who ever you are, you better have a damn good reason for calling me now" came a gruff voice of someone I knew so well.

"Tyler, thank God" relief flooding through me as I spoke.

"Brent, is that you, oh shit what have you done now and can I fix it"

"Hey" I said offended "What makes you think I've done anything wrong"

"Have you rung Debbie"

"No" I admitted.

"Then you've done something wrong if you ring me first"

Debbie and Tyler were my PR team, Tyler was a man so he understood me, Debbie was his boss plus she was a woman and a part time dragon who took me to task everytime I screwed up, so naturally I always rang Tyler when I screwed up as he was more sympathetic and quite honestly I was a bit frightened of Debbie.

"Okay, okay you win, I think I've screwed up big time"

And I set about explaining the events of the previous day to him.

"Well if you're gonna screw up do it in style I say"

"Gee thanks for your help and support"

"You know I'm going to have to tell her, don't you?"

"Yeah" running a hand through my hair and sighing.

"And" Tyler continued "You better answer you're phone on the first ring if you want to live"

Great I thought as I hung up, then my mind turned back to one sarcastic sexy, beautiful woman that no man had touched and the whole bet didn't seem so bad after all.

Ten minutes later my phone rang and I gulped down my Dutch courage, a large whiskey, before answering, waiting for the inevitable ear bashing I was going to get.

"Brent?" The voice of doom spoke.

"Hi Debbie, how are you"

"Shut up" she snapped and I did.

"Brent you're a bloody genius"

Wait! What did she say.

"I am?"

"No you're still an idiot and I take it you were drunk, anyway this plan is a work of genius"

"It is?" I asked in surprise, as I was still smarting from the fact Debbie was right I had been drunk.

"Brent just shut up will you and listen"

I shut up and listened, still to confused to wrap my head around what was going on and scared as to where this might be going , Debbie in all the years being my PR manager had never praised me for anything.

"Are you listening to me Brent, or do I have to fly over there"

"No, no I'm listening"

"Good, a down to earth girlfriend for three months, the media will lap that up, then she splits from you, you're heartbroken, you get all the sympathy from all the fans, and if she leaves before hand even better"

"What are you suggesting" I growled.

"Don't tell me you have feelings for this girl?"

"No" I said defensively.

"Um, well we pay her off at the end so she goes away happy and you lose the cold hearted bastard tag, win, win all the way round"

I sighed this wasn't how I expected it to go.

"Oh and Brent,  leave it with me, I'll get her a passport and plan everything"

"I have already arranged a passport for her"

"You have" came the surprised response. "You sure you haven't developed feelings for this girl?"

"No?" but it came out more of a question than an answer.

"Umm" was all I heard as Debbie ended the call.

I haven't,  have I?