Pleased To See Me (Yeah Right!)

Chrissie

"So Brent is this the girlfriend" her face screwed up as though she had stepped in something unpleasant.

I quickly struggled up from Brent's body in a very unladylike fashion, stood and brushed myself down.

Brent stood and slipped his arm around my waist.

"Mother" he spoke in a very formal business like tone.

" Yes this is Miss Christine Wallace my girlfriend"

To which I held my hand out to his mother, she looked at it as though it was a contagious disease and pulled back.

"Yes quite, anyway dear Philippa sends her love and can't wait to see you again"

"Mother" this time it was a warning growl.

"What dear, we all know you need to have a little fun with all these trollops before you final get married and Phillipa understands this and is willing to wait, but don't take to long dear, the families expect you know"

Wow what an A rated first class bitch, I know she's Brent's mother but sheesh! how to make his girlfriend welcome, I know it's only pretend but she doesn't know that, what mother would do that to her son anyway eh?

I felt Brent's arm tighten on my waist, he was obviously as pissed as I was.

"Mother if you can't be nice to me and Chrissie then please leave"

Before anything else could happen a large man with silver hair and a stern looking face approached, took one look at me and declared.

"You're the girlfriend, I thought he had better taste than that"

That was the last straw as far as I was concerned, it was either flee or fight hell I wasn't even his girlfriend, I didn't want to be in America and I certainly didn't deserve this.

I turned to Brent and forced a smile, I could see the panic in his eye's it was as though he could read my mind, or he was scared I would put his parents on the floor.

"Brent dear, you didn't tell me your parents were mutton dressed as lamb and have the manners of Neanderthals, I expected more from people pretending to have class, so disappointing, I think I better leave, I can't be seen lowering my standards"

Then given his parents the looks they gave me.

"Goodbye I hope we never meet again, I may be scarred for life"

And with that I headed to the door.

I heard his mother declare, she had never been spoken to like that before and his father mutter something alone those lines as well, before Claudia's voice was heard loud and clear.

"Oh my god I'm so proud of Chrissie and I couldn't agree more"

Then I heard the clatter of heels before a feminine arm wrapped around my shoulder and announced we should go and get drunk to celebrate"

I turned to seek out Brent and saw him still standing with his parents, who were staring after me with shocked faces, I glanced back at Brent in time to see him smile and wink at me before mouthing for me to go.

As we exited the mansion together once more, it seemed it was becoming a regular occurrence.

"They are our parents and as such it goes without saying we love them dearly, but as people they are horrible snobbish jerks" she whispered

Claudia went on to explain as she weaved her little sports car in and out of the traffic, frightening me to death, as I clung on for dear life.

That their parents came from money and married because it was expected by their parents and it also made good business sense, therefore it was expected that their offspring would follow suit.