The Charity Gala

Brent

On entering Chrissie's room and to see her standing there head thrown back laughing that sweet melodic laugh of hers, dressed to kill.

I couldn't take my eyes of her, I froze just unable to move or do anything but feast my eyes on the beauty in front of me and that beauty was certainly having an effect on my body.

And when I witnessed  the confrontation between Debbie and Chrissie,  I had to step in there was a primal urge to protect Chrissie,  but to be fair the look on Chrissie's face, she was about to practice her judo on Debbie.

I had never seen Debbie behave like this before, she's not usually this aggressive, so I stood up to her and the shock of that, must have been what caused her to leave without an argument.

"Thanks" growled Chrissie "But I can take care of myself"

"I know you can, I was protecting Debbie"

I felt her relax and start to wiggle, so being the gentleman I am I let her go.

"Come on Chrissie or we'll be late for the gala"

"And that would be a shame, wouldn't it, is the wicked witch going"

"Yes and yes, come on Chrissie what did you expect when you made the bet"

"Well Mr Superstar, one I was drunk when I made the bet so expectations didn't enter my alcohol induced state and two when I was sober I was expecting the fish and chips and pub routine, I loved that idea. This" and she looked around to prove her point.

"Is not my idea of fun, I can assure you, but as you quite rightly pointed out I made the bet, so let's get this over with, then I can go home"

"Oh and one more thing, don't you or her get any ideas about showing me off like a trophy or getting photos or draw any attention to me or I'm gone and you can sue me in court, capish?"

"Capish?" I quizzed her.

"Yer it's Italian for understand"

"I know what it means, I just haven't heard it outside of a movie"

" Well this is my movie, if you try any of the things I mentioned then watch out for crazy Chrissie strikes back"

"Come on" I chuckled  " Let's go before you change into a big green killing machine"

We left chuckling to ourselves and arguing over who was the best super hero.

" Who the hell is danger mouse" I asked as the limo silently cruises towards our destination.

"You don't know who danger mouse is, have you been living in an igloo, only the greatest crime fighter ever, him and Penfold unstoppable"

I could tell she was enjoying herself with this verbal exchange, her eyes sparkled and grew wide whenever she argued a point.

And me I was loving every minute of it, I would rather stay in the car driving round London continuing this conversation, than go to the gala, but unfortunately I had to make an appearance at the function as it was expected.

*****************************

Chrissie

I have never dreaded anything so much in my life before, the thought of facing all those people, scared the living daylights out of me, posing for a picture, mingling with all the rich and famous was just not me.

I was hoping that I would be able to slink off and hide in a corner once inside, but I had a nasty feeling that wouldn't happen and then I came over all faint, shit my family!