A Non Movie Stars Life (Pt II)

Brent

Well Chrissie was right about one thing, I did get recognised and I did get mobbed, the only difference being, we were both caught the moment we stepped outside the main door and onto the street.

It seemed they didn't get enough the previous evening, however apparently there was a nasty rumour flying around in cyberspace that Chrissie had stopped me from acting and some of the crowd were being hostile towards her.

As a particularly nasty paparazzi, who I'd had run ins with before, started to belittle Chrissie I went to open my mouth, but before I could Chrissie got there first.

"Quiet!" She yelled at the top of her voice and that stunned the mob that fell silent immediately.

"Thank you" she said in a much quieter voice, then she verbally laid into them and boy was she good.

"That's better, now if you are going to shout questions at me, then at least have the decency to let me answer.
Now as to your accusation, that I have made Brent give up acting, then you are gravelly mistaken, I can't wait for him to go back to work and get out from under my feet"

This bought a chorus of laughter from the gathered crowd.

"And as for you" she growled at the guy who had thrown out the nasty question.

"You have the balls to ask such questions have you the balls to report the answer correctly as I stated"

Then she turned and address the rest of the crowd that had been growing since the impromptu stop and chat session.

"Now you are all welcome to escort us down to the Co-op if you so wish, but then my boyfriend and I are going into the shop and we would appreciate it, if you left us alone"

Wow what a girlfriend I have.

I don't know how she did it but she did, usually the media don't really take any notice, when you beg to be left alone.

They asked their questions on the five minute walk to the shop, then they dispersed and left us in peace, I should make Chrissie my PR manager she certainly knew how to handle the press.

"Well Mr Simons come on, I haven't all day, just because your unemployed, doesn't mean you can slouch about, you can push the trolley while I fill it"

This made the last group of press chuckle as they turned and left us alone, as soon as they had gone and we entered the shop, Chrissie let out a huge groan.

"Did I really just yell at the press and use the word for a males wedding tackle" making me burst out laughing.

"Well darling you sure put them in their place" pulling her in for a side hug, where upon she rested her head on my shoulder and chuckled.

"Yeah, I suppose I did, didn't I"

                                   °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°
Chrissie

Whatever you do never! and I mean never! take a movie star food shopping, they are a liability.

First off we spent the first ten minutes apologising to everyone as Brent ran in to them with the trolley, that meant another five minutes pascifying them with autographs and photos, then when we swopped and I pushed the trolley, Brent did the shopping.

Before we were even halfway around the aisles the trolley was full, I couldn't even see over the top.

"Brent" I sighed. "Will you stop putting stuff in the trolley"

"But babe it only the basic essentials"

"Since when have five whole fresh salmon been essentials, I don't even know how to cook them, besides I cannot prepare, cook or eat anything that's staring back at me and look at all this cat food, I've only got one visiting stray, there's enough cat food and treats in here to feed most of the felines in the whole of Oxfordshire"

"Are you implying that I may have gone a little mad a little bit overboard?" Staring at me with his arms folded and head cocked to one side.

"No! I'm saying you have gone stark raving bonkers and are drowning while lost at sea, that's all I'm saying" mimicking his stance.

"Humph, so I haven't been shopping in a while and I like nice things so I see them and buy them" said as though that explained the meaning of life.

"Yeah, I know and it's nice to buy things that you like but we can't eat all this food before it goes out of date, plus this lot will fill my mini freezer ten times over"

After a lot of huffing and puffing and a male showing off session, we returned most of the stuff and still had far to much, because he insisted it was an essential, I gave in as it was food we had a reasonable chance of eating in the allotted time and that seemed to pacify his lordship.

On the way back with Brent moaning and grumbling as to why I had let him buy so much because it was too heavy to carry, I called in on Mrs Young and argued that I was fine to come back to work the next day.

"Well that was fun, must do it again sometime" an exhausted Brent breathed out, as the last of the food was crammed in to the only remaining freezer space.

"Shall I order a take away or shall we eat out?"

I looked at him as though he was insane.

"You are joking right? Have we not just been food shopping and have we not just filled my entire flat with edibles and you want to eat out, no way I'll prepare lunch now and dinner later, you can help and wash up"

God can this guy moan, I was joking before with the press about wanting him back at work, now I'm not so sure it was.

And as the day progressed I became more convinced he needed to work, or he would drive me nuts, first the dish water was to hot, then he dropped and broke a plate, then I had to stop him as he was going to storm out and buy a dishwasher, then he sucked up cats tail with the vacuum cleaner, causing poor cat to hiss and vacate the flat, then he bashed my ankles with it causing me to swear out loud.

He maybe a damn good actor and a Hollywood heart-throb, but round my flat he was a liability and a danger to everything.

"Well that wasn't so bad now was it, I think I could get use to this normal house husbandy thing, what do you reckon Chrissie"

"Me! I reckon the quicker you get back to work, the safer me, cat and the flat will be"

"So you don't want me to remain unemployed and stay at home looking after you"

"No!" I practically yelled. "Don't wish that on me please"

"Good" he smiled, a huge enigmatic genuine smile.

"Lucky then I have a new studio and offers for three new films"

"What!" I squealed. "You mean a studio has hired you after all your parents did, who, when, how?"

"Well it's JJF studios here in the UK and the trilogy I would be starring in will be filmed here and in Europe, over the next couple of years"

I was so pleased and I could tell Brent was happy, I mean acting was his life and I would never take that away from him.

"Soooo" I drew out "The non movie star life is not to your liking?"

He looked at me with pursed lips, staring into my eye's, before answering.

"Nar, too much hassle, I'd rather be working"

This made us both break into laughter and we continued to giggle through the dinner time washing up and even when we settled down on my sofa to cuddle.