Bloody Actors

Chrissie

I loved chatting with Mandy, she told me about how she and Jasper met and she slapped him, I was enthralled as she relayed their whole love story and the conclusion.

"God you're so lucky to have someone like him in your life"

"Well you never know, your soul mate might not be to far away" Mandy winked and glanced over at Brent.

"I don't think so, me and men just don't mix, I don't trust them" I argued.

"I don't believe that for one minute, that man has feelings for you, he may not know it yet, but you don't spend your entire evening staring at the same beautiful woman, if there is nothing there, oh and talk of the devil, he's coming over to claim you"

I snorted, not very lady like I know, but he wasn't coming to claim me, probably to tell me it's time we left.

"Mandy would you mind if I dragged my girlfriend away for a dance"

"Not at all be my guest"

"Hey, you guys I'm sat here you know and I speak the native tongue, so don't you think you should ask me first, if I want to show myself up on the dance floor"

"My dear Chrissie, may I have the pleasure of this dance"
He said in a condescending voice.

" No you can't, I don't dance"

"Thank you" he replied holding my hand and pulling me on to the dance floor, ignoring my protests, as we neared the centre of the dance floor, Brent tugged me into his chest and wrapped his arms around me and started swaying to the music.

My insides were having a mass move around being this close to Brent, I could feel myself heating up where our bodies touched, my lower body was screaming for attention, why the hell did he have this affect on me.

I couldn't go any further with Brent, I reminded myself it's only a short term thing, don't do anything stupid.

As the music finished, I pulled myself out of his arms and thanking him, quickly made my way off the floor.

Just as I reached the edge of the dance floor, a human wall moved in front of me and I just managed to stop myself from ploughing into it and looking up I discovered it was Buster Clayborne.

"Hello darling" he drew the words out "How about a dance"

"No thanks" I answered starting to move around him.

All of a sudden I was moving backwards on to the dance floor, to be spun around again into a solid chest and
moved around the dance floor.

What is it with movie stars are they hard of hearing, well I've had enough if this, so I did what any normal girl would do in my predicament, I stamped on his foot.

As he yelled out, letting go of me so he could rub his foot, I took off, heading for the corner and Mandy.

Weaving in and out of the crowd, I spotted Mandy still sitting at the table and let out a huge breath, as I approached the table, hoping to sit and rest, another body stepped in front of me, this one I knew front the smell of their cologne, Brent!

"Are you sure you really want to stay out of the limelight, your not doing a very good job"

"Well if stupid self righteous, dick listed, deaf arsehole actors would leave me alone, I could quite happily sit in the corner and wait to go home" I snapped.

"Wow! Say it as it is" he smirked dropping down in my seat.

"Hey that's my seat" glaring at him with my arms folded.