All Dressed Up

Chrissie

Standing with the most gorgeous fluffy towel wrapped around me staring in the mirror, whilst using another towel to part dry my hair as instructed by Geraldine and Francis, I now understood why people stole towels from hotels, I could slop about my bedroom in this all day.

Anyway Geraldine had come in to explain how to use the shower and how to wash my hair in a special way to stop tangles and stuff and contrary to my first impressions she was very nice, weird but nice.

She told me about her life up till now and her ambitions, I talked about Woodstock and my boring mundane life as a hairdresser, once she found out we had that in common, I couldn't stop her from talking about her favourite subject and some of the hints and tips she gave me, I knew she was way beyond me in ability, but it made me less apprehensive about what she had in stall for me.

And when I slipped on the expensive underwear that magically materialised in my room and a large NYC t-shirt that was like a dress on me it was time to be beautified.

Dropping on to the dressing stool Geraldine set about my hair, while Francis set up his gear on the chest of drawers next to me.

Isn't it amazing how one question and answer can create a bond between people and that was the case, when Francis asked the question that I knew would be asked a thousand times more.

"Hey Chrissie where did you and Brent meet"

Answering truthfully and also about the offer of a perm, had them both in stitches and from there we bonded.

It's  a great feeling to talk and laugh with people who do not tease or judge you and when Francis told me about the bullying they faced in school and college, because of the way they are. I knew we could be friends all though it would only be for a short while.

After an hour of Geraldine and Francis preparing me, plus the good natured banter. I was ready and when I looked in the mirror, I had to do a double take because the person staring wide eyed and opened mouthed back at me, was not me.

"Oh my god" I gasped. "I so want you two to do my hair and makeup each morning.

I mean I get my hair done free by one of the other girls at work, but we weren't in the same league as these two.

Geraldine was kind enough to help me on with the dress, while Francis tidied everything up.

As we laughed and chatted there was a knock at the door and in strolled Brent with a women clinging to his arm.

This woman was all business like, charcoal coloured business suit, briefcase large black framed glasses, blonde hair up in a tight bun and phone clasped in her hand tucked though Brent's arm, the only saving grace was she was a lot older than me and shorter.

I felt a twinge of something course through my body at the sight of this woman hanging onto Brent and fought the urge to open my mouth as I knew something sarcastic would come out.

"So your the famous Chrissie, I've heard so much about"

The woman said, slipping her arm out of Brent's and shoving her phone in her pocket, before strutting across the room, hand held out for me to shake.

"Umm, yes, though famous is not a word I would use to describe me" Shaking her offered hand.

"Yes quite" she replied giving my hand a quick sharp shake before letting go as though I might carrying a contagious disease.

A short nod  to Francis and Geraldine and she was back at Brent's side, Francis leaned over to me and whispered.

"That's Debbie, she's Brent's PR guru and she's known as the wicked witch of the west, you know from the wizard of Oz"

I couldn't help the giggle that slipped out and immediately put my hand over my mouth as Debbie must have heard me as she looked over.

It was then I noticed that Brent was still staring at me in fact he hadn't taken his eyes off me since he entered the room.

And as if by telepathy Francis whispered.

"Somebody can't take his eyes off you and if I was a betting man, I would say he has the hots for you"

I turned sharply to face him.

"Don't be ridiculous, we just friends" I hissed.

"You keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better, but I'm just saying it, as it is"

I glanced back to Brent and he was still staring at me, even while Debbie was talking to him.

"Well" piped up Geraldine " Our work here is done" grabbing her large bag and throwing it over her shoulder, while Francis gathered all his gear together, then linking arms and a quick nod to each other they skipped out the room singing we're off to see the wizard, a wink from Francis as he pulled the door shut.

That was it for me I just burst out laughing, Brent turned away but not before I saw the beginning of a smile on his face.

"What is it with those two and the wizard of oz" growled Debbie.

I really had to stop laughing or I would ruin my makeup, but Debbie's comment just keep it going and when I saw Brent's shoulders shaking I knew he was laughing as well.

Thank goodness the witch, I mean Debbie, brought our frivolity to a halt.

"Right Chrissie, listen up, you need to do what I tell you right"

Wow, where did that come from, definitely not the way to get on my good side, I folded my arms across my chest and waited, for her instructions.

"Now" she continued, oblivious to the death stare I was giving her.

"You will let Brent lead and you must do as he says, you will kiss outside the venue for the benefit of the camera's and hold hands, you will follow his lead, look at him with love in your eyes and don't talk to anyone in the gala, without Brent's say so, okay"

"I tell you what, I can't remember a damn thing you just said so here" I handed her the handbag "You know what you want as a slave, so you go, I'll stay here and try not to get upset about a gala I don't want to go to"

"Now listen here you little.." she started.

"What go on say it, every other stuck up cow I have come across called me it"

I was in full anger mode now, I clenched my fists together and stepped towards her, lucky for her Brent saw the danger signs and rushed over throwing his arms around my waist pinning my arms to my side.

"Debbie what the fuck, get out for god sake"

The look on Debbie's face was a picture or it would have been if I owned a camera phone.

She was speechless, but had the good sense to stay quiet, turn and storm out.

Still trapped in Brent's arms my anger started to fade, only to be replaced by other feelings I shouldn't be having, I needed him to let me go and quick.

"Calm down, princess, don't mind Debbie she's not very people friendly, but she's good at her job" his husky voice in my ear playing havoc with my insides.

"Yeah, well keep her away from me, or so help me, I'll be up on a murder charge"

Wriggling in Brent's arms he took the hint and let me go, I inwardly sighed I missed the warm of his body, but knew I dare not pursue the thoughts going through my mind, I needed to keep my eye on the prize, just three months to go.

Oh hell.