Kidnapped Again

Chrissie

Chrissie" Claudia dragged the word out in a whiny child like way.

"Yes" I cautiously answered.

"You have got to go please, Brent needs you"

"No way!" I practically yelled, causing people to look in my direction, then lowering my voice I explained.

"Come on Claudia you saw how your parents treated me, they hate me, so why would I put myself willingly in the firing line, if they honestly wanted to apologise they would not do it in a business meeting, especially as the woman they want Brent to marry will be there"

"But I have to go too, so we can support each other, please"

"Claudia I am sorry I can't. Remember it's not real I'm only helping him and I don't want to fight with your parents over nothing"

"Oh shit!" Claudia exclaimed loudly.

"What" a little worry in my voice, glancing around me, before looking out the cafe window to find a dozen or so camera's pointed at me.

"Shit" I agreed.

"Okay Chrissie I think we need help here, they know your here and the crowds growing, I'm just going to make this call" with that Claudia produced her phone and spoke to someone,  I couldn't understand the conversation but guessed it had to do with security.

Ten minutes later a large bear of a man and another not quite as huge, but big all the same, steamrollered through the every growing throng of media and glancing round the cafe before making a beeline straight towards us.

"Hi Garrett, Joe" greeted Claudia a little nod to each as she said their names.

"Nice of you to drop by"

"Miss Simons and Miss Wallace,  I think it's time we left" came a booming male voice as the bear spoke.

Finishing up our coffee and pastries quickly, we made ready to leave, the bear or Garrett as I was informed, stood next to me and Joe next to Claudia.

No words were spoken, none were needed, they seemed to work using telepathy a little nod, raised eyebrows and eye movements were all they needed.

"Okay ladies let's go, Miss Wallace stick close to me"

"The name's Chrissie you great bear and trust me I'll be glued to your side"

"What is it with you women from Woodstock really fiesty and coming up with these nicknames" he growled under his breath, stepping next to me and gently holding my elbow, he guided me out the cafe with Joe following suit with Claudia.

Stepping out of the door the interrogation started with questions being thrown at me from all sides, Garrett leant into me and whispered.

"They'll say anything to get you to react, so don't listen or say a word"

Straightening his stance he continued to guide me to the waiting car.

I had to jerk my head back a few times as camera's were shoved in my face, I ignored the questions being yelled and prayed the car would move closer, so I didn't have to endure the press anymore.

At last I slid in the back of the car, sorry it's an SUV apparently, so Garrett informed me , whatever one of those are, still it was more like a van with windows than a car, but hey beggar's can't be choosers, it was a safe haven away from the crowd outside.

"Okay Steve, let's go" ordered the bear, I mean Garrett. "You know the destination"

What seemed an eternity, but was probably only 15 minutes or so, we pulled up at a hotel? What the!