Back To Work

Chrissie

If I thought that dealing with my family for the next four hours, until they believed I had been thoroughly chastised and had repented my evil ways before finally leaving to journey back to Manchester, I was very much mistaken.

Collapsing on my worn sofa I scooped cat up and I explained my woes and shitty life to him, until he got bored and wandered off.

I had a feel sorry for Chrissie day as I wasn't working till tomorrow, so a good book and a cup of tea were in my plans, as I contented myself by having a slob out day.

                                °°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

My arch nemesis woke me far to early for my liking the next morning and having released my frustration by hurling abuse and bashing my alarm clock into submission, I busied myself getting ready for my first day back to my real life, no more fakery for me and definitely no more bets.

Trudging down the creaking stairs and out the front door, I went to my post box and wow!

In bright red spray paint were the words, whore and slut painted diagonally across my box and on unlocking it, I found it crammed with paper and as I started to read them tears welled up in my eyes.

The names and things that were written about me, were definitely untrue, but that didn't stop the hurt, how could people do this sort of thing and why, oh how I wish I had never met Mr movie star, now my life was going to be hell.

With my hands thrust deep in my Jean pockets and my head bowed I trekked to work, stepping out into the kitchen I was met with an uncomfortable silence as the other hairdressers didn't meet my eyes.

"Look guys if it's hard for you having me here I just leave okay" I bit back the sob that threatened and turned to leave.

"Hey wait" yelled Tracy grabbing my arm and spinning me around.

I waited for the verbal onslaught, but it never came clearing her throat it seemed Tracy was the elected spokesperson.

"We have heard Brent's side of the story and to be blunt because we know you, it's a load of bull, so what really happened"

I sighed and sat on one of the stools, Claire shoved a cup of coffee in front of me as I told them what had happened since I was kidnapped to LA.

"Wow! That's some story" exclaimed Claire.

"Yeah, but it also confirms what we already knew"

"Old boyfriend sheesh"

As my work colleagues began to loosen up and berate Brent for his treatment of me, I couldn't help the tears that slid down my cheeks.

"Hey none of that girl" Claire said handing me a tissue.

"We are the Women of Woodstock and we stick together" she practically yelled holding her mug of coffee aloft.

"Women Of Woodstock" everyone else chipped in and clinked their mugs to Claire's.

"We stick together" they chorused.

Then they turned towards me.

"Well" Tracy said glaring at me.