Chapter Six- Edited

''So, what is it exactly that you are looking for?'' Lauren asked as she watched from the collapsible chair she was sat on. Liam had been looking through the unit for ages, occasionally muttering to himself in between chucking random boxes about and sending Lauren glares for being 'lazy'.

Lauren just smiled smugly back though whenever he did.

''It's a black safe.'' Liam replied frustrated, chucking some more boxes about. 

Lauren tried to hold in her laugh, but when Liam wiped the sweat off his forehead and growled, she let it out. He immediately stopped what he was doing when he heard his sisters laugh, and when she started to quieten he immediately asked her what she was laughing about.

''N-Nothing.'' She smiled. ''It's just we could have saved us a whole lot of time if you just said earlier what it was you were looking for.''

''Why?''

''The safe is at home in my loft.'' Liam immediately growled, walking towards the boxes he had chucked out of the storage unit and chucking them back in. He continued his glaring at Lauren as he just chucked his stuff back into the storage locker, huffing every now and then when she still sat there watching him.

Lauren let Liam silently fume on the way home. She thought he needed to let his anger out, even though she thought it was slightly a bit dramatic, and instead of talking to him anyway all she thought about was the nice hot bath she was going to have when she got back. The dry paint was extremely uncomfortable on her skin right that moment.

''Alright, drama queen. Enough of your huffing.'' Lauren chuckled when she heard Liam huff for the fifth time. Liam just glared at her, crossed his arms over his chest, and turned his back to her. 

She didn't miss the small grin dancing at the edge of his lips though.

Keeping her eye on the road, Lauren let one hand go off of the steering wheel and poked Liam's side. She earned herself a squeal off Liam, making her laugh as she brought control back to the car.

''Ugh, for god sake Lauren. Let me stay mad at you.'' Liam whined, pouting a little. 

''It's so hard though when I'm your favourite sister though, isn't it?'' Lauren grinned.

''You're my only sister, Lauren.'' Liam replied with a deadpanned expression and a dry tone. Lauren just glared at him this time, then huffed and carried on driving. 

Once she arrived home after driving in comfortable silence for the rest of the journey, Lauren walked up the stairs as Liam went into the dining room with all his bags. He had chosen the downstairs room as his room, Liam knew Lauren was going to convert the upstairs into the baby's room.

''Liam!'' Lauren shouted, remembering she had to tell him something. ''The lofts in the hallway up here, you just pull the latch and grab the ladder down. It will be in a box in the corner with your name on. Now I'm going in the bath, if you need any help... Well, tough.''

''Noted!'' He shouted back.

Lauren walked up the stairs then, making her way to the bathroom in her room to run herself a bath. She was looking forward to relaxing her tense muscles after walking around a lot today.

''So what's in this safe that's got you all worked up then?'' Lauren asked Liam once they had settled in the living room. She had changed into some comfy pyjamas after her bath and came downstairs to see Liam already in the safe, it's contents scattered over the coffee table.

''Fake ID's, some cash and a few bank cards.'' Came Liam's distracted reply.

''Would the bank cards even work after five years, Liam?'' She asked him, grabbing the remote and turning the TV on. She was about to get comfy on the sofa when she thought of something and sat up straight again. ''Wait, how did you even get bank cards at your age before you got sent away?''

Granted Liam looked older than he was when he was younger, but how did he ever get away with that?

''I was in a gang, Lauren.'' He looked at Lauren like she was stupid and replied like it was the answer to everything. Being in a gang, especially a big, powerful one like Liam was in meant he could do anything he wanted.

''So what you going to do with all this then?''

''Make us rich!'' He cried out in over exaggerated happiness. He looked at Lauren, who was just about to open her mouth and ask just what he was going on about, and held his hand up to silence her. ''Don't ask. All I am going to say though is by tomorrow night we are going to to a hell of a lot richer.''

Lauren slumped in her seat and huffed, folding her arms over her chest and sending Liam a glare. She was extremely curious now, she wanted to know how an ex convict who gone done for robbing a bank in the first place was now going to get rich after going to another one.

''Wouldn't the banks be on the look out for you, though?'' She asked, raising an eyebrow and feeling pretty stupid when he sent Lauren a look that said it all.

''It's been five years Lauren, and these aren't my actual accounts or real ID, I'm going to have to renew them anyway before I even think about going to a bank with my own. These are fakes, and they're for different banks, they don't know they're fakes, they'll just think I haven't used their banks in like five years, or something. I might have to make something up but that will be easy.'' Liam replied, sorting out all his belongings from the safe.

''Oh.''

''Yeah, oh. Now, are we going to order some food or what? I'm starving... and paying.'' Holding up the cash from his safe, Liam grinned as Lauren gawked at the huge stack of bills in his hands.

After her slight shock they both decided on what to order and waited for it to come. Liam suggested a movie and once they got over their little argument of what to watch they settled down after their food came and pressed play.

Both siblings had a smiles on their faces. Lauren and Liam had taken for granted their brother and sister time together when they were younger, Lauren more so than Liam. She didn't understand that one day Liam might not be there, because she didn't even know in the first place.

But now, they weren't going to take each other for granted. Liam was going to take better care of his sister and Lauren was going to make sure her brother didn't get into any trouble.

It was perfect, even if both of them didn't know when the next time Liam might be taken away.