(26)

Chapter dedicated to bobbyv as I have seen your vote from the very start of my book and I appreciate your support! Thank you for showing me that you like the book, really does encourage me to write people like you do!

Also, just like to say there is some bloody violence in this chapter, so yeah, there's a warning for you!

Jericho hadn't spotted Lauren yet, it was like he didn't even hear her drop the knife and phone, he was just stood looking down at Sebastian with his back turned to her. The air was tense and silent, and Lauren couldn't tell what his expression was, but she knew it couldn't be good. 

And it definitely wasn't good when Jericho lunged forward and wrapped his hands around Sebastian’s neck. 

He tried to get away, but Sebastian’s body was too badly beaten and worn to do much. His choked gurgles and wide eyes froze Lauren to the spot, she knew she had to do something, but when it came to doing it she was stuck. It was like her brain had shut down and her limbs were numb.

''WHY DID I HAVE TO HAVE A FUCKING SON LIKE YOU?'' Jericho screamed to Sebastian, spit flying out of his mouth and hitting Sebastian in the face.

Lauren snapped out of her frozen shock then, and she knew just what to do. She didn't want to be the one to do it, for she didn't want another set of blood on her hands, but what was the chance of anything else happening that would save them?

Slowly without alerting Jericho, but fast enough that she didn't waste time for Sebastian wouldn't have long left, she hobbled to the gun she knew would be where Jericho dropped it still. She didn't want to use the knife, that meant getting close to him and she didn't want to go anywhere near the man.

Picking up the deadly contraption that felt even heavier than it should be in Laurens hands, she shakily aimed the gun Jericho’s way, but stopped. 

What if she hit Sebastian? 

She couldn't live with herself if she ever inflicted pain or killed Sebastian by a reckless mistake, and that meant there was only one thing she could do.

''Oi, asshole!'' She shouted, mentally patting herself on the back when her voice came out strong and confident. ''Over here!''

Jericho immediately let go of Sebastian, and Lauren sighed in relief when he stumbled back onto the floor with his hands around his neck, gasping for breath, he was ok.

Lauren's body locked in fear when Jericho turned her way. The anger on his face was indescribable, she had never seen someone as angry as him before. But, it was now or never and before he could open her mouth she pulled the trigger.

It missed.

Jericho growled so loud then that Lauren nearly dropped the gun, but she didn't, and she fired another bullet Jericho’s way. Only, this time it nearly hit Sebastian and Lauren's eyes widen when she saw that. 

''Just give up, Lauren, you're not going to hit me.'' Jericho snarled and started to head Laurens way.

Lauren felt angry at his words, and with a keen eye she brought the gun up higher and aimed for Jericho. 

It didn't miss.

But, it didn't hit him where she wanted it too, it only his arm- the one that wasn't working. All Jericho did was flinch before lunging at Lauren. She dodged out of his way effortlessly considering she seemed to have the least damage out of all of them, therefore a better chance.

''Just give up Lauren!'' Jericho screamed, he was getting highly frustrated that it wasn't over already, and it wasn't helping that he had a short temper before he even felt like he was about to pass out any second from the pain radiating all over his body.