(23)

There's a bit of bloody violence in this chapter, so here's a warning. It's not much, but I feel as though I should say something.

Lauren's heart stopped momentarily as she heard Jericho's words. It took a moment for her brain to even comprehend what he had said due to the shock she was in, but when it did she tried her hardest not to let Jericho know how she really felt as her heart struggled to escape from her chest with its furious beating against her ribcage.

''W-What do you mean?'' She meekly asked, hating how her voice came out so fragile, so fearful.

Jericho grinned and drank in Lauren's fear, he felt slightly giddy with excitement that he could finally reveal his plans.

''Well what better way to punish him than make him kill the one's that means so much to him? You made him think he can get away with defying me. You made him weak. You made him do this, if it wasn't for you, he wouldn't have to go through this right now. He would most likely be leading the gang if it wasn't for you.'' Jericho simply stated and Lauren flinched every time he emphasised the word 'you'.

He's right though, Lauren thought as she felt the first tear slipped freely down her cheek after she managed to reel them in for so long. It's all my fault Sebastian's in this mess.

Jericho was so convincing that Lauren actually believed him, and she was kicking herself because of the truth in his words.

''I didn't mean to, Ok? I didn't mean for anything to happen!'' Lauren insisted, her tone exasperated and worn out.

''Of course you didn't.'' Jericho soothed, going along with Lauren. ''It wa-''

''But I don't regret it one bit.'' Her tone was loud and clear, a finality in it and Jericho looked at her sharply.

''You mean you don't regret the fact that it is you who is killing your child? You who is causing Sebastian to do this?''

''No, because I won't be killing my child, neither will Sebastian.'' Lauren believed in her words, forgetting about her earlier conflict and she carried on, glaring at Jericho as she spoke every word so crisp, so sharp and so full of malice. ''It is you, not me. You who is making Sebastian do this. You made him join the gang in the first place. You made him into who he is today. You made him think he can defy you by pushing him too far. You are the one who thinks he will be killing my child by making Sebastian point the gun and pulling the trigger. It is not me, but YOU who is the cause of all mine and Sebastian's problems, you are to blame for everything gone wrong in his and my life. EVERYTHING IS YOUR FUCKING FAULT!''

Lauren always felt that if her parents hadn't joined the gang then they would have been a little more loving, and she would have had a better lifestyle. If it wasn't for the gang then Liam wouldn't have been taken away. If it wasn't for the gang then her and Sebastian could live a normal life with their child, not having to worry about her being taken away for revenge or payback on the gang. If it wasn't for Jericho then Sebastian would have a mother, he would have a better life, an easier life. He could have everything he ever wanted and wouldn't have to worry about whether the morning sunrise every morning would be his last.

Lauren saw it coming, but she didn't have time to prepare for the blow that was coming her way.

She felt like her face was caving in as Jericho's tight fist met her nose, and she heard the crack echo around the room along with her cry of pain. Pain exploded all over her face and she felt a headache drum at the sides of her skull immediately as the blood instantly rushed out of her nose. The punch rattled her and her eyes watered from the sharpness of the crippling affliction to her nose, making her lose her breath for a moment. It was so sudden, so sharp that her watery eyes soon turned into real tears. She had no idea how her brother and Sebastian can put up with being punched in the nose, it was agonizing!