(11)

Ok, so I know I said I was going to do a major edit as I didn't like it... Well, I really can't be asked when I have no idea where this book is going to go, I’m writing as I go really, so I'm going to write the rest of this version, then keep this one up as I write another new and improved version. 

I don't have the best memory and I forget quite easily so some stuff might not make sense or fit with other stuff I have wrote about, also my motivation levels are like nil at the moment, so it’s probably going to be sucky.

Thanks for reading though, hope you enjoy this chapter! 

Please vote or comment if you like it, it really does help!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lauren was scared. She wasn't scared for her life but her baby's, she didn't want any harm to come to her unborn child and according to what she read, her baby was in the most critical period at the moment. 

Her back was forced against the dirty brick wall of the alley way and she whimpered in pain, the rough force making her head hit the hard surface painfully. Her hands wrapped protectively around her belly and she looked up towards the assailant. 

''Give me all your money!'' A deep men's voice growled out. Their gravely tone sending chills down Lauren's spine. The knife was still at her throat and she was becoming angry, fear hiding away in the corner of her body for the moment.

''All I have is a ten. Nothing else of worth on me either.'' She stated calmly. Maybe if she didn't aggravate him she would be let go unharmed, but then her anger was getting the better of her. ''So I suggest you let me go!''

''Don't lie to me bitch!'' The man snarled and pressed the knife a little more into her skin, breaking the skin enough for it to start to bleed. It stung but Lauren could deal with it for now.

''I'm not.'' She just simply stated, hoping that he would leave her alone. She couldn't see his face as a mask was covering it, but she could tell underneath the thick black hood and jogging bottoms that he was well built and could easily break snap her arm like a twig.

The man growled and used the hand that wasn't holding the knife to check her front and back pockets. Lauren's arms were still protectively around her belly and she almost jumped with joy when the man pulled the knife back.

Only he replaced his hand with it instead.

The man squeezed her neck enough for it to feel uncomfortable but she didn't let the barrier made by her arms around her belly diminish. The assailant pocketed his knife and then brought his fist back.

''You wasted my time you little bitch!'' He snarled and brought his fist forward into Lauren's face. 

Pain exploded across her temple and down her cheek, lingering across the whole left side of her face. The back of her head roughly hit the hard brick wall for the second time and she felt a tickling sensation down her neck. 

Lauren was used to being hit, experiencing pain and dealing with it. But, she hadn't had to deal with that for a while and she had got used to not being a human punching bag. The blow had stunned her, caused her to let a small cry of pain out but she still didn't let her arms leave her stomach.

Another punch to the face caused Lauren's legs to buckle. The explosion of pain right that second in her nose made Lauren's eyes water and her arms hesitate to move and nurse her now broken nose. She didn't want to move her arms, but the pain in her face was too much to take. With her parents it had always just been one punch to the face and the rest somewhere unseen so they didn't look suspicious, Lauren wasn't used to a broken nose.