(14)

When Lauren woke up the next morning she could instantly tell there was something wrong with Liam. 

Instead of the smile she always walked into the kitchen to see, she was met with a serious faced brother who had a ton of worry swimming in his eyes as he stared at his phone.  

''You alright Liam?'' She asked cautiously and Liam's head shot up in her direction as she walked to the fridge and got herself the carton of orange juice. 

His head still followed her as she walked around the counter and sat on a stall in front of him, his eyes dipping with worry every now and then to her bump.

''Uh- I- Yeah. Yeah everything's fine, I got to go out in a minute though.'' He replied back, his tone wasn't as strong as Lauren remembered it to be and she knew something was wrong, but she didn't ask her brother because he would tell her if he wanted to. Lauren then realized he wasn't in his usual of just a pair of boxers or tracksuit bottoms that he slept in, he was dressed in a plain white top and jeans, his leather jacket probably waiting to be put on by the door on the hanger.

''Ah.'' She spoke out in realization. ''Gang business?'' 

Liam looked like he was debating something, and he was, he was debating whether to lie to his sister or not. Lauren thought he was debating whether he should tell her or not about the business, not the fact that he was thinking of keeping something extremely important from her.

''Yeah that's it. Now, I got to go are you going to be alright?'' He asked her, this time he did not only want to stay because she had trouble with being on her own, but because there was going to be more trouble soon enough and Lauren was in the middle of it.

''Yup, you know I'm getting better now shoo, I'll be fine.'' She scolded and smiled at him. Liam could only smile back but it didn't reach his eyes, she wouldn't be saying that if she knew what was going on.

 ''Alright, keep the doors locked Ok?'' Liam knew the doors wouldn't be enough, but it just gave his mind a little bit of peace when she nodded. He lent over and kissed Lauren's head in a brotherly fashion before walking out the door and locking it behind him, making Lauren raise an eyebrow at her brother’s behaviour but she just ignored it.

Lauren became bored quickly and decided to fill her book up that she brought yesterday, the special baby one that you could put pictures of your scan or any others in. She filled it up with pictures that she had taken of her bump as it grew bigger and wrote the dates above, leaving room for the more pictures to come. Next she put the scans in the correct order. She now had one more scan picture before her baby was due, the next pictures that would be after that would be her baby growing up, but knowing her, she'd need a few more books to put her baby pictures in considering she was going to be taking pictures of her little girl all the time.

After an hour debating once she finished the book and placed it in her drawer, she decided she was going to paint her daughters room, she had nothing better to do and although it would have been nice to have help like Sebastian's last time, she could manage herself, it's not like she had anyone to help anyway as Liam was becoming more and more busy by the day from his boss's stupid tasks, sometimes during the night he even got called out at three in the morning, she could always hear him leave and come back before she woke up.

With her baby's furniture due tomorrow, she had today to paint before she put it up. So Lauren got the paint and supplies from the living room where they had left it and carried it to the baby's room upstairs, she was already getting tired and she hadn't even done anything. Painting the whole room was going to wear her out, she thought with a huff and placed her hands on her hips.