(17)

SMASH!!

The sound of glass breaking woke Lauren up from her deep slumber and she quickly sat up in bed, her heart racing a mile a minute in her chest. That smash was too loud to be a small glass breaking, it sounded like it was a window. 

Lauren quickly brought her hands to her side to wake up Sebastian only to find he wasn't there, and when she looked to where he should have been sleeping she found his half was neatly made like no one had even led there.

''Sebastian?'' She called and stood up, maybe the smash was him? 

But why would he break a window?

He wouldn't. Because it was someone else.

''Oh Lauren.'' A deep voice sung out into the silent night and Lauren felt the hairs on the back of her neck stand up. She recognised that voice, it was one she wished she would never hear again.

''Sebastian?'' She whispered, frantically searching around her room for him, didn't he say he'd let nothing happen to her?

''Lauren, where are yooooou?'' Tears immediately pricked at her eyes and Lauren scrambled to find something to defend herself with. She heard the footsteps on the bottom floor reach the stairs and she froze. A cold sweat broke out across her skin and soon the tears were falling, she had nowhere to go.

''No No No No.'' She kept mumbling to herself in fear, she found her feet had rooted to the spot and she couldn't move, not even blink.

The tears carried on falling as he slowly walked up the steps, making sure he made a nice, loud 'thump' with each one he took. She felt her heart stop in her chest when he reached her door and beneath she could see his shadow through the crack. 

''P-Please.'' She pleaded weakly, her throat was constricting and she was finding it hard to breathe. 

He didn't respond and for a second Lauren thought he wasn't outside her door, only the movement of his shadow reminded her he was still lurking.

The door suddenly slammed open and Lauren found herself gasping for breath now. When she laid eyes on the man in the doorway her breathing stopped all together. 

''N-No.’’ Lauren choked out.

He stepped one foot inside her room and then the other, making sure he took his sweet time to reach her. Lauren knew what he was there for, and her mind was alerting her to move but she couldn't, she was frozen to the spot.

''P-Please. N-No.'' He mocked and Lauren's tears fell harder. ''You are ruining his life Lauren, he doesn't want a baby, especially not with you!''

''You're wrong, he does!'' She managed to get out, surprisingly her tone was strong.

The man's face took on one of reconsideration but Lauren knew he was just teasing her as the side of his mouth had turned up into a half mocking smile. He crossed his arms over his chest lazily as he prolonged her torture with a sick satisfaction.

''Now why, Lauren... Why do you think that?'' He asked with a laugh and uncrossed his arms, bringing one round the back of him and grabbing something. Lauren didn't know what it was until he pointed the object towards her stomach, causing her whole body to shake in fear.

She felt freezing, her whole body had been overtaken by an icy chill as sweat ran down her skin. She had never felt fear like she had then, she wanted to plead, beg, anything to get him to stop but the lump in her throat restricted her.