(9)

''Hey Sebby?'' Liam slightly slurred and lazily stared towards Sebastian's direction, shouting to be heard over the radio they had put on. Sebastian turned an amused glance towards his friend and grinned. He was slightly intoxicated, but less than Liam was.

''Yes, Liam?'' He raised an eyebrow at the drunken man trying to put together a wardrobe. So far Liam had managed to do... Nothing. He hadn't even gotten further than getting the wood out of the box, he had been too busy playing with the bubble wrap. 

''Do you like my sister?'' The question was innocent but Sebastian tensed and froze, the bed he was putting together now completely forgotten. He was suddenly thankful they had sent Lauren to watch TV after she got too tired helping them.

Sebastian didn't know how to answer, this was his best mate he was talking to and he had told him everything that has ever happened to him. He wouldn't start lying to him now, he couldn't. But then he didn't know what to say, he didn't know the answer either if he was honest, he knew to some degree how he felt but it was scattered by what was right and wrong.

''You know I can't mate.'' Sebastian's voice was strained, it hurt to say that but he had no choice.

''I understand, it's just- I don't know, she seems so happy with you around, and then you seem-.''Liam cut himself off, it was like a light switch was flicked and with the intense conversation, he no longer felt as intoxicated as he once did. He needed to say this as it was now or never, plus Liam felt like it was the 'moment' in his slightly drunk mind. He sighed and carried on. ''You just seem so much happier as well, I know you've only know her for what? A couple months, well not even that because you didn't see her for most of it.'' Liam added as a side thought when he was able to wrap his mind around the idea, he wasn't completely sober.

''Where are you going with this Liam?'' Sebastian asked wearily, his friend surprised him half the time with the stuff he came out with or did.

''I don't know if I’m completely honest, my mind ain't all there at the moment.'' He chuckled. ''Just, whatever you do, don't hurt her or break her trust. She trusts you, and I have only been one of the couple she has ever properly trusted and if you break it, she'll loose it. I promised I would be there for her and I wasn't, she has told me to an extent of what happened after I left, but I know there's more and I feel like I’ve broken her and shattered whatever trust she had in me. I don't want that to happen to you man, or her.'' That sounded a lot better in Liam's head, but he couldn't be asked to correct or go over what he said to make sense. Sebastian would know what he was going on about anyway.

''I know. I don't want to hurt her, but the only way I can think of keeping both of them safe is to hurt her and not have them in my life, no one can know Liam and I hate myself for that. I hate my fucking father too, he's the reason I can't live a fucking normal life!'' Sebastian was fuming by the time he finished his little rant. He had never hated his father so much in his life. He hated him when he crossed the line and killed his mother, but now he's crossed the line even further by ruining Sebastian's future too. Lauren's and the baby's as well, Sebastian's father is stopping him from having the life he really wanted and giving the baby and Lauren what they really deserve.

''Just do what you think is right.'' Liam said, hoping that he'd think that seeing Lauren and being in her baby's life is what was right, he loved seeing his sister happy.

''That's the thing, I don't know what's right and wrong anymore. I want to see Lauren and I want to be in hers and our baby's life, but it’s not what I want and what they need though, it's what will keep them safe and alive.'' Sebastian knew that if anyone found out they would be dead the next day or at least in danger of being used as part of bringing him down, he just knew it and he wouldn't let that happen.