(10)

''Hey Liam, sleep alright?'' Lauren asked her brother when she came down the next morning, clean and fresh from the horrible night’s sleep she had, the nightmare only just leaving her memory. She had woken up in her bed and not the sofa and Lauren guessed it was Sebastian who had carried her upstairs because she knew her brother was too drunk. Plus, Sebastian had woken her up when he answered his phone, she didn't know who he was on the phone to, but she could hear yelling from the other side of the line and from Sebastian's face, she could tell it wasn't good whatever he was saying.

''Yeah, that bed felt like I was sleeping on clouds, so soft and fluffy.'' She laughed at his face when he let out a content sigh and he glared at her. ''Sleeping on a crap mattress for five years can do that to you Lauren. Now shut up and make me some bacon.'' 

''Of course your highness.'' She fake bowed and laughed as she walked to the kitchen. ''Hey Sebastian left a note, I thought we told him earlier he could crash on the sofa?''

''We did, what does it say? And knowing his father he probably had to be somewhere because his dads a needy little bitch.'' Liam grumbles, just the thought of Sebastian's dad, Jericho, made him angry. The way he always wanted something of Sebastian grated his nerves.

''Thanks for earlier, it was good while it lasted. Liam I'll see you later tonight. Cheers Lauren.... What does that mean, he'll see you tonight?'' She replied back with a raised eyebrow, she can't remember him saying he was going out.

''Oh OK. Um, I have a task. I won't be back all night as it's my first one back since getting out and I have to talk with the boss.'' Liam scratched his head sheepishly, he felt guilty having to leave his sister for the night. But then again he felt alright knowing that she had been on her own and survived for years without him so one night wouldn't hurt.

''Ok, just please be safe.'' Lauren demanded and turned around to get everything out for what she was going to make.

Whilst she made their breakfast, Liam sat on the stool and solved one of the equations in the newspaper that Lauren liked to do. They talked about pointless stuff like they used to and she sat down with him when their breakfast was done. This time she didn't go overboard and made them a bacon and egg sandwich each, something they always both enjoyed.

While they were talking, something however started to eat at her mind, making her think of things she didn't even want to venture near. Liam must have seen the troubled look on her face as he set down the last half of his sandwich and raised an eyebrow at her.

She tried to ignore his face by looking down at her other half of sandwich but Liam cleared his throat, making her look up at him.

''What’s up Lauren? You know you can talk to me about anything.'' He gently coaxed her. However, what she blurted out next was something totally unexpected.

''Have you ever killed someone?''

He sat there in silence for many minutes. Frozen from shock, he seriously didn't know what to think about that question she had just asked. He was stuck between what to tell her.

''U-Uh, what makes you ask that?'' He stuttered bewildered. He was trying to prolong the answer and he knew it.

''Well, I've seen on TV that some gangs have initiations. Like you have to kill someone to get in or do some ridiculous crime to show your alliance or some shit like that. Plus I've seen you come home with blood on you before. And it wasn't your blood as you were hardly ever hurt. And I’m just curious.'' It was her time to raise an eyebrow and await the answer. She didn't know why she was asking this but she was extremely curious, she didn't know if she was going to like the answer though.