(22)

Another chapter within four days wooo! Just like to say please read the authors note at the end!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++=

Driving back to the diner was nerve wracking. Sebastian stayed above the speed limit all the way and it was by some miracle he didn't get stopped. A foreboding feeling was increasing as the miles decreased and Sebastian was growing nervous.

As soon as he arrived at the diner he knew it would be shut, but that didn't mean Lauren couldn't still be in there with Travis and the workers. 

Sebastian quickly entered the diner and noticed there was no Lauren in sight, not in the kitchen nor was she in the main area. He felt his heart beat quicken but he tried to stay calm, she could just be in the office with Travis.

Only she wasn't in the office either.

''Travis, where's Lauren?'' Sebastian asked impatiently.

''Hey Seb, she went home with one of the workers. Why? What's wrong?'' Travis asked and started to get up once he noticed Sebastian’s worried face.

''Nothi- Hey, sit back down.'' Sebastian started to reply but then Travis cut him off with a series of chest rattling coughs. He rushed over to the hacking old man and helped him back in his chair. ''How you doing by the way?'' 

Sebastian didn't want to stay and chat, he wanted to go and see if Lauren was at home but Travis looked worse than Sebastian had ever seen him.

''I'm fine. You go home and see Lauren, god knows that’s what you really want to do.'' Travis laughed throatily, he was lying when he said he was fine. In fact, he was doing far from fine.

''You sure?'' Sebastian asked even though he was already standing up ready to go.

''Yes, now go.'' Travis smiled at him and Sebastian walked to the door. ''Lauren took you dinner home by the way, considering you missed.''

''Thanks Trav.'' Sebastian smiled at him and left.

He got in his car and speedily drove as fast as he could get away with towards home, he would not calm down until he knew Lauren was alright.

He tried her phone again, only like the dozens of times before his call wasn't answered.

He was never one to get scared, but when Lauren was on his father’s radars and after he was told that she was going to be taken just earlier on that evening, well he was nothing but scared.

And he was terrified when he spotted a note on the door that confirmed his fears.

Too late, son.

With a growl he tore the note from the door and marched back to his car, heading straight towards the house where his father should be.

The nervousness was still there but he was angry. 

''WHERE IS SHE?'' He screamed as soon as he barged through the doors of the gang house. He lightly took note how there was no one guarding it and the front door was unlocked basically begging for him to enter, but he didn't take it into account. ''COME ON YOU ASSHOLE, WHERE IS SHE?''

His shouts echoed around the empty house and the only reply he got was his own voice echoing back.

He abandoned his spot in the middle of the entrance hall and tore up the stairs, taking three at a time in an effort the reach his destination quicker.

''LAUREN!'' He shouted, even though he knew his efforts wouldn't be returned. 

He hastily searched likely rooms but found no trace of Lauren, nor did he find any trace of Jericho when he entered the main office. Sebastian was becoming frantic now, his anger was still there but his concern for Lauren was causing him to lose control.