(25)

Lauren felt her heart freeze in her chest when she saw the door open and the man she hated with all her heart walk in, leisurely at his own pace with his hands in his pockets, smiling as if he was greeting two friends rather than his most likely disowned son and the bane of his existence.

He didn't even falter when he saw the knife Lauren held in her hands or the dead body of Kyle on the floor. All he did was kick the body to the side, muttering something about being killed by a girl, and how he had no use for someone like that anyway so it was a good thing.

''Lauren, put that down would you? You might hurt yourself.'' Jericho grinned, and Lauren could see in the light from where Jericho had turned it on from the outside, the mocking glint in his eyes. But, if she looked extra closely, she could see him slightly tense when she only raised the knife higher and tightened her grip.

''Not until you are dead!'' Lauren snarled back, and instantly regretted it when his face darkened considerably- Now she knew where Sebastian got his temper from.

''Choose your words wisely, Lauren. For it will give you just a little longer in this world if you do.'' Sebastian's father chimed into the silence basement after Laurens revealing words, and he sounded like a father giving his child life lessons, those ones parents usually do as their children get older.

Lauren felt the knife grow heavy in her hands and her mind go fuzzy from all the ideas and scenarios running through it. A very small part of her was telling her to give in- To put the knife down, let Jericho get a hold of her and just give in- For she knew that there was only a small chance that she was going to get out of this with her own and her baby's life intact, as well as Sebastian's.

But another part of her, the bigger part, was telling her to fight back with all she had. Although, Lauren didn't know if that was a little reckless and stupid, surely if she fought back it would result in even more consequences if she was ever caught?

''So, Lauren... Are you going to put that knife down or do I have to come over there and take it off you before you hurt somebody?'' Lauren gritted her teeth at Jericho's tone. He sounded like he was talking to a little two year old who didn't know any better.

Jericho sighed when Lauren wordlessly shook her head, and within a blink of an eye he had grabbed the gun from the waistband in his jeans and raised it until it pointed on Sebastian.

''N-NO!'' Lauren screamed out into the silent basement but her words fell on deaf ears. Jericho didn't waste another second to send a bullet in Sebastian's direction and Lauren felt her ear's ring from the loud bang, and her heart fell in her chest when she saw Sebastian slump over to the ground with even more blood over his chest. ''HOW COULD YOU?''

Through her tears, Lauren didn't even know what she was doing when she brought her hand back and threw it forward, releasing the knife in her hand towards Jericho.

By some stroke of luck the knife hit her target.

Embedding itself down to the hilt, the knife entered Jericho's shoulder and he cried out in pain at the suddenness of it. Lauren froze when she realised what she had just done, it was like poking an angry bear with a stick, and she realised that she would rather face an angry bear than the gang leader that moment when his face that was contorted into such rage looked in her direction.

The gun was at his side but Jericho ignored it, he was going to kill Lauren with his own bare hands, but first he was going to start with the baby.

''You really shouldn't have fucking done that, you bitch.'' Jericho laughed without humour when he found he couldn't move his right arm, the knife must have done some major damage already. ''I was going to go easy on you, make it quick, you know?'' Laughing cruelly, Jericho gripped the knife and tried to hide the wince when he slowly pulled the sharp blade out, throwing it across the room when he pulled it out. ''But now, I'm going to make it slow and painful.''