(13)

Before you read this I just want to say thank you to those who have carried on reading even though it's not well written or is 'sucky' as I put it. I know to some a 1,000 reads don't mean a lot, but when I started writing the book I never even thought I'd reach 100. I'm going to start editing soon and reading through it as it needs some major work!

If you could, just spare a couple minutes to tell me what you think as I really want to know how I could improve other than what I think needs improving.

Thanks!

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Lauren's heart fell in her chest. He hadn't come.

The letter she had given him gave the precise time she was going to be at the doctors for her scan, and she even made Liam take her a little early so she could secretly wait out the front for him. But by the time she needed to go inside and wait for her scan, he wasn't there. 

Did he even care?

Lauren hoped that her thought wasn't true but she couldn't help it. Another one, did he even want the baby? She hoped so, she was really starting to think Sebastian had wanted their child, the way he spoke about him/her so intently, the way he sounded so broken when he said he couldn't be there was like a set in stone for Lauren, she really thought he meant what he said.

''Hey Lauren, what's up?'' Liam asked her softly, she looked so upset and he knew she wasn't meant to show her emotions, she had done well so far at hiding them.

''It's just... Does Sebastian actually want to be a dad? He wasn't feeling sorry for me when he said all that stuff was he?'' To Liam’s ears she sounded like a broken child who had a promise broken and that hurt him to hear his sister like that, so fragile and upset when it was meant to be a happy time right now.

''He does, he has told me plenty of times he has. And when you had those scans every week, he wanted to be there with you OK? He just doesn't want to get close and have it all ripped away or more importantly, have you two hurt. Why would you think that?'' He asked her, his tone was so determined and strong and Lauren knew he wasn't lying, although it hurt her to think that Sebastian was distancing himself. 

''Well, that letter I gave you to give to him, it had the date and time of this scan as I knew he really wanted to see his baby. He sounded like he really wanted to as well, and he even looked as though he was ready to try and keep it all a secret and see them.'' Lauren didn't understand, where was the defiant attitude she'd seen before?

''Laur... I don't know what to say. He is really trying to keep you two safe, by giving up his own happiness. Please try and understand that.'' Liam pleads, he knew his best mate was torn up over the fact. 

''I do, it's just I thought this could be his first and last scan you know? He could make something special out of it.'' Lauren thought she was being rational, for someone like Sebastian it would have been easy to hide something like coming to a scan wouldn't it?

''Yeah I know, let’s not get upset about it though ok, you need to be happy.'' Liam nudges her side and she smiles at him in return and slaps him arm playfully.

''I am excited you goof, I just would have liked him here just once- Ok Ok, no more negativity.'' She quickly corrected herself when she saw Liam’s raised eyebrow and his threatening fingers that she knew could do some serious tickling. 

For a gang member he sure did act like a big child sometimes.

But Lauren knew he could be deadly when he wanted to be, she loved him even more for not being like that around her, for always being her big teddy bear brother when he was with her.