(28)

Lauren sat in the chair next to Sebastian’s bed, tired, fed up and loosing hope. It had been three days since Travis' funeral, and three weeks since Sebastian had been laying in the same bed still and unmoving. His wounds were doing good. Lauren watched when they changed his bandages sometimes, and at those times she could see how the wounds were doing. 

The knife wound across his chest had needed stitches that had now been removed, the neat cut nearly on its way to being a pearly-pink scar that would forever remind him of his father. The gun wound was basically healed, only the bullet had to be removed and then the hole sewn up with a couple stitches that were soon taken out too. His once beaten up face now only had a couple cuts and slight bruising, unlike Lauren's that seemed to disappear after just over a week.

''I know you can't hear me...'' Lauren started, immediately feeling stupid for talking to Sebastian’s unresponsive body. ''But I just want to say our daughters a week old now and she's doing good. The doctors are even on about taking her off NICU today, how great is that?''

Whenever Lauren thought about their daughter, the little girl that was a part of Sebastian and herself, she felt her chest swell in pride and happiness. They had created a beautiful girl and Lauren would never regret getting involved with Sebastian. Even if it had been an accident in the beginning, and it was rocky to start with, it was never a mistake. Never would Lauren ever regret that one night stand she had with him all those months ago. 

The one thing she would regret though was never being with him again like that after. Even though Sebastian had slept in her bed who knows how many times and lived with her now, they had never gone past a bit of fooling around. Sebastian wanted to wait until she had the baby and also they both wanted to experience a relationship without going straight into something like that. Although now, Lauren wished she hadn't been like that for if Sebastian never woke up she would never get to experience something like that with him, where emotions were now involved and it was more than just some meaningless sex.

''I love you.'' Lauren mumbled out, bending forward and tenderly kissing his palm before resting her forehead next to their joined hands. 

She felt a small weight lift off her chest when she uttered those words, and it made her come to terms more with her feelings for him, like now they were finally said out loud it meant something much more than just keeping it to herself.

Lauren heard the door open to Sebastian’s room, and when she lifted her head up off the side of the bed she saw the nurse, a small smile on her face.

''It's time.'' Was all she said and Lauren immediately perked up, smiling back at the nurse and then to Sebastian as if he would smile back in joy that their daughter was finally well enough.

''Ok, I'll be there in a minute.'' Lauren replied and the nurse nodded before leaving. 

Lauren sighed as she bent over and kissed Sebastian’s forehead, then his cheek before finally planting one lingering kiss on his lips. A tear slipped down her cheek when she thought of how Sebastian wouldn't be there to witness something amazing to do with their daughter, and she shook her head thinking she was crazy when she thought she felt Sebastian’s lips slightly pucker underneath hers. 

It was just her wishing for something to happen and she would imagine it, she always told herself whenever she thought Sebastian responded to something. 

Fear settled in Lauren's stomach as silently left Sebastian’s room and walked towards her daughters. Liam wanted to be there today, for Lauren and to witness his niece get taken off NICU, but because the gang was a demanding business at the moment and he was so inexperienced with being leader, it was more effort on his part and he couldn't leave the gang house because of business related issues.