Epilogue

Mason's P.O.V

I got up early and carefully got out of bed, trying not to wake Angel. It's the 26 of July which means it's Angel's birthday. Me and Sheila planned a party for him about a month ago. Meaning we have to go hours without saying happy birthday and made him think that we forgot about it. He got his case taking off weeks ago but he still don't put a lot of pressure on it. I made my way down stairs and saw Sheila at the table reading something, I went over to her.

"What you reading?"

"Nothing." She said folding the paper and putting it in her pocket.

"What is it."

"It's nothing. Now I need you to take Angel out of the house until 6." She lying I know it's something but I'll find out later, and damnit. Keeping him out for that long might be hard since I know he won't be happy the whole time.

"That's 8 hours. How am I suppose to keep him out for 8 hours knowing he gonna be grumpy all day?"

"You can do it he can't stay grumpy all day with you." Ugh fine. She went into the kitchen as I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I sat at the table and Angel came into view with a big smile on his face. Awwww I really hope he can keep it on his face all day. He sat down and Sheila placed our breakfast in front of us, kissing the side of his head.

"Sheila, Mason isn't there something you guys want to say to me?"

"Good morning baby boy." I said.

"Don't choke on your sausage." Really come on now I gotta eat too.

"Nice Sheila. You do realize I have to eat this too right." I said

"Yeah that's why I shouldn't have to warn you."

"Nope that's not it. It have to do with today." He said shaking his head. Sheila fixed her face into a confused look and shrugged her shoulders.

"Hmm nope I can't really think of what today could be."

"Really nothing at all?"

"No nothing. What is it than just tell us."

"No it's not important if y'all don't know." His smile was starting to drop and I couldn't do nothing but feel kinda bad but if we say anything we might give away what we was doing for him.

"Ok than." Sheila looks at me and move her eyes between me and Angel. Ugh now but It's so early. She narrowed her at me and instantly got up from the table. What she's scary when she do that.

"Angel how about you go get dress and we can go out all day." I ran my fingers through his hair.

"And do what?" He asked taking my hand down and holding it in his.

"I don't know what do you wanna go do?"

"Can we go to the movies?"

"This early?"

"Fine how about we just go, walk around the park and then we are going to the movies."

"Sure whatever you want." I told him and plucked Sheila forehead when she came back out.

"Mason how much longer do you expect to live?"

"70 to 80 more years. Why?"

"Cause if you ever pluck me again you won't live a second after that." She said and I just stepped back.

"Am I ever gonna understand y'all friendship?" Angel asked and Sheila shook her head.

"Nope I don't even think the smartest guy in the world would be able to understand it. Now go get dressed." She told him and he got up going back upstairs.