Ch.3 Burgers

When I walked out of the bathroom, I had nothing on but a towel wrapped around me and one on my head while I tried to hurry and find something to wear, the baby monitor we ended up not getting rid of, coming to life as I heard Sebastian laughing hysterically at either something James was saying or doing, James following suit.

Shaking my head, a smile lingering on my face, I walked to the huge walking closet James and I shared and pulled a long sleeve white shirt off the hanger and grabbed a pair of blue skinny jeans to finish my simple look I was going for. Hair pulled back in a ponytail, no make up, and my white Adidas sneakers with the three black stripes.

I've always been over protective of Sebastian from the moment he came into my care, which hasn't lessened at all especially since we discovered two years ago that he had a bad case of asthma followed by a case of pneumonia a year later. So I was terribly protective of him and I was proud of that.

When finally I was done, I looked quickly in the mirror for a last check before walking out of bedroom and straight towards Sebastian's room. There was more laughter escaping from the room which could be heard in the hallway. I pushed the door open, noticing that the room was empty. This only meant they were still in the bathroom, when I had purposely made it known to my fiancé that, seeing as we had a plane to catch with friends, we all needed to hurry up.

I strode toward the bathroom and stood silently next to the half open door while I watched and listened to James make weirldy funny noises only a kid could find hilarious, and Sebastian dying of genuine laughter. I stood there and watched, my heart expanding with my ever growing love I have for my precious little boy and my incredible man.

Two years into this relationship and I still couldn't believe this was my life. How was it possible for me to ever get so lucky? I never would have thought, even after everything that had happened between James and I; all the drama related to Sebastian's birth and the year apart, that we ever would be a family. But we were a family, and this child that I hadn't given birth to and who's biological mother was one of the worse people that I had ever known, would call me mom.

For the first in my life, I knew what complete wholeness felt like and I never wanted to lose this feeling. The feeling of knowing that I was loved, that I mattered, that after never having a family, never knowing my mother and father, that finally, I had a family of my own...even after all the mistakes I made and the decisions I took.

A few minutes later, after silently admiring the beauty of life itself through the adoration between the two of them, I softly knocked on the door and pushed it open. James, who was crouching down next to the bathtub, turned his head around and looked at me smiling.

"Hey babe, we were just about done here." He said as he got up and helped Sebastian out of the bathtub while I grabbed the blue towel which I wrapped around my son's naked body.

"Didn't I tell you two not to stay in here for too long?" I asked lightheartedly before stepping out of the bathroom with Sebastian who had by then laid his head on my shoulder while we all moved from bathroom to bedroom to get Sebastian dressed.

"In my defense, I did try but as always, he peer pressured me into staying a little longer and so I just got sucked into all of it. The kid is a trickster, he knows exactly how to manipulate to get what he wants." James yelled out from the bedroom closet before walking out with the clothes that I had picked out the previous night which was a gray Cardigan, a T-shirt with writing on it reading 'ain't no mama like the one I got' which I had thought was so cute and funny when James brought it home with him two weeks ago.

I shook my head, laughing silently while I massaged lotion into Sebastian's skin who sat there on his bed and patiently waited. You were never too old for lotion and since he couldn't properly put that on himself, I would gladly do it.