Ch.26: Christian Kane

P.S. *BARELY EDITED*

____________

     The phone was ringing.

       And without even looking at the screen, I already knew who it was. The same person who had been blasting my phone for the past week. And even when I knew better than to answer the call, I found myself unable to not do so.

        "James," I whispered loudly, mindful of Sebastian who was asleep on my bed next to me. "What do you want?" I asked and waited as nothing was said. After a few seconds, I sighed and slowly made a move to get off the bed without waking up the kid who squirmed while moving to his side. I watched him and prayed that he wouldn't wake up because that would have been the third time since he had fallen asleep.

         "I'm coming back home, Charlotte." I heard coming from the phone on my ear. For a second, while I concentrated my attention on a sleeping Sebastian to make sure he was alright, I had forgotten that James was still on the line, quiet until now.

         I sighed, got off the bed, walked out of the bedroom and slowly closed the door after me before walking down the stairs.

         "No, you're not." I replied simply. James and I needed some time apart, although he was quick to disagree with that statement, it was needed for my own well being. I needed him away from me so that I could figure out what I wanted to do, so that I could heal.

        I wasn't happy to have our family apart, especially with Sebastian's Asthma attacks being as frequent as they had been lately. So no, I didn't want him away from our home, the home we built together, our little family, but James had hurt me when I had told him never again, when I clearly had warned him that I wouldn't take it.

         "Charlotte, it's been two weeks. I need to come home. I need you to let me come home so that we can deal with this together."

         I shook my head even knowing that he couldn't see me. I opened the balcony connected to the living room and walked outside. The darkness of the sky made the stars seem even brighter. I took in the chill air of the night.

          "Charlotte."

         "I don't think it's a good idea, Darcy and saying my name repeatedly won't change that." No words. So I waited....and waited...and waited. Until,

        "Charlotte, I'm coming back home right now."

         Something in me was tired of fighting as I was emotionally exhausted and physically, well, this pregnancy hasn't been the smoothest, added to it was Sebastian's health which was harder to deal with when you yourself wasn't feeling particularly well.

         So yeah, I was at my breaking point. The point of giving up and letting all go. But what sort of life would will be living if I was to just swallow my pain and anger and resentment just so that I wouldn't have to go through this back and forth with him.

         I wanted my happy ending with James, I deserved it. Isn't it how it happened in every single romance books out there? But how much was I willing to endure to make that happen? A woman can take so much before she finally falls apart and breaks, and I will be damn if I let that happen to me.