Ch.4. Bacon

I woke up to the glamorous smell of breakfast. Somewhere outside the door of the bedroom James and I were occupying for our four-days stay in Paris with our friends for Arden's birthday, I could hear faint voices and laughters of the people sharing the house with us. I kept my eyes closed while with a smile lingering on my lips, I stretched my body on this king size bed that was just as comfortable as the one I had left in my bedroom back home in New York City.

My other senses seemed heightened, the smell of pancakes, bacon and fried eggs stronger, the voices outside the room louder which was almost enough to make me get off this bed, to pull me out of this coziness of firm-ish pillows, soft as velvet covers and a bed that adjusted to my body for one hundred percent comfort .

I thought about it for a second, I needed to get up because, now that I thought about it, I was pretty hungry, but food could wait a little and plus, I doubt it was even ready since I was almost certain someone would have come to wake me up if it was. Such a dilemma that was. To get up and leave the confort of this bed, or to stay and miss out on quality time with my friends.

There was more laughter traveling from where I was certain was the living room to my bedroom. And, just as I decided to get up because my curiosity was getting the best of me and I certainly wanted to be in on the joke, someone knocked on the door and a tiny voice, which I could easily attribute to my son, called out to me.

I sighed, a smile spreading on my face right as I was getting up. I guess the choice was made for me. I slid my feet easily into my house slippers and since I was naked, by James' demands of me rarely wearing anything to bed nowadays, I grabbed the robe that I had left on the chair that sat in corner of the room last night to cover my body, and quickly found my discarded black and white Pajama set that I quickly put on, along with the robe, for added coverage.

Finally, after making sure that I was decent and thus avoiding a very real possibility of scarring my son for life with live images of things that he was not supposed to see, I opened the door to find Sebastian, still in his pajamas, holding his white bunny, patiently waiting. He looked up while I smiled brightly at him and without uttering a word, took the few steps necessary and hugged my legs which immediately told me that he had just woken up, himself.

I pulled him away slightly to be able to crouch in front of him so that I could be at eye level with him while I spoke. But, the moment I went down, I was suddenly hit with a wave of nausea that was so very unexpected that I heaved before quickly getting up and running to the bathroom inside the room, barely making it to the toilet before letting out whatever I had last night which I was sure was some sort of fish for dinner and later on a burger because Eva wanted one and it smelled so good that my belly was grumbling, I just needed to have one.

I was sitting on the bathroom's floor, my head hanging above the toilet bowl, my fingers holding tightly to the toilet. It wasn't first time it had happened, actually, now that I thought about it, this same situation had occurred the day before which told me that I was either coming down with something, or French food really didn't suit me.

There was the sweet voice of Sebastian calling out to me and seconds later, I heard his foot steps as he walked in behind me. I smiled weakly, and before I could tell him that I was okay and that he shouldn't worry, because I heard the concern in my three years old's voice, that feeling that so closely resembled sea sickness came back with a furry and just like that, the rest of my stomach's content was gone and I felt so much better afterwards.

"Ahhhhh," I sighed heavily, flushed the toilet and got up to find Sebastian clutching Mr. Bunny to his side and staring at me with uncertainty in his eyes. I smiled.

"Hey baby, can you go tell daddy that I'm coming?" I asked him, grabbing my toothbrush and toothpaste from the holder as if nothing happened. Sebastian, who looked like he didn't know what to make of everything because he had never seen me sick and was probably a little freaked out, simply nodded once before leaving. I waited until he was out of the room before I started brushing my teeth.