Ch.34: Pretending Made Easy

Go the fuck to bed.

        I silently begged as I lay on the bed with Sebastian, running my fingers through his beautiful silky hair, willing him to finally close his damn eyes and freaking sleep already. We'd been lying this way for the past thirty or so minutes because Sebastian decided that instead of sleeping and making life easy on me, he'd rather stay awake talking about things I had to pretend to follow along to, and asking a million and one questions about baby sister. While he did so, I wondered if I should take him for a haircut, his bangs were falling over his eyes which was becoming quite annoying for him as we had never let his hair grow this long before.

        I smiled at him, how much I loved him, toothless smile and all. I was sad to have missed that moment as it had happened while he was with Darcy. I remember how excited he was while talking on the phone with me and the fact that he was a big boy now because he didn't cry even one bit. And, didn't I think he was such a big boy now? So, obviously I told him he was the biggest and strongest boy in the whole world and that I had honestly never met a boy as strong as my Bastian.  That made him laugh hysterically and all I could do is hold my tears in until I said goodnight to my kid and hung up the phone.

       Usually I would gladly stay in bed with him while listening to him blabber on and on about so on and so forth, and didn't I think it was so funny how baby Arden would chase after him? But tonight was not it.

       Currently, he had a hand on my tummy, anticipating with so much excitement, his baby sister's kicks. He loved feeling her kicks as they have gotten stronger this past month. Now that I was over seven months pregnant, it felt as though she was moving a lot more.

         Not to say I wasn't happy about it, because I was over the moon in love with that little human I was cooking up in me. No, it wasn't it. It was the fact that I  couldn't sleep properly and I had to wake up much more often now at night to pee. Which I now needed to do. So, if Sebastian could just be done talking to his baby sister so I could go and relieve myself, I would totally appreciate it.

      "Bastian, mommy needs you to go bed now, okay?"

       He frowned as he looked up at me. "But mommy, I'm talking to baby sister." He replied.

         "You can talk to baby sister tomorrow, now you need to sleep so we can wake up rested to go to aunty Rose's party."

      "But mommy, I just need to talk to baby a little bit more, okay?" I would have laughed if I were not trying to be serious.

       "No, now you're going to sleep." I kissed his forehead and made a ridiculous attempt to gracefully get off the bed. I was thankful no one beside my kid was there to witness it.

         "I don't want to go to sleep." He cried out. I didn't have it in me to listen to him fuss.

       Oh, my God, Kid. Go To Fuck To Bed!

        I wondered if they had a book  by that name because I would have gladly bought it just for nights like this.

       "Don't you want to go to aunty Rose's house and hangout with Levi and Arden?" I asked, turning the brightness of the lights down just the way he preferred it.

        "Would Ella be there too? Daddy said Ella is my little sister and I have to be nice to her and play with her." My heart skipped involuntarily at the mention of James' daughter's name.

       "I'm not so sure, Bastian." I said as I held the door of his bedroom open. "Now, sleep tight, my angel." And with that, I closed the door behind me and headed to my room.