Ch.35. Breathe And Let Go

Breathe, just breathe it's okay, you're okay. It's fine, it's alright. All is right. Yup, that's it, Breathe, just breathe. Let it all go. Do not let it show how broken you are inside. Do not let it show, how this image in front of you is ripping you apart. Breathe, just breathe. It's all going to be alright.

       "Charlotte," I heard my name being called which took me out of my daze. I hadn't realized until then that a hand on my shoulder was slightly shaking me. I turned my head to find a frowning Rose staring at me, light blue eyes meeting mine.

       "What?" I asked.

       "I just asked you if you were okay." She replied.

      "Yes. Why?"

      "Because you've been standing here for awhile now with the fridge door open."

      Now it was my turn to frown. There was no way I had been standing there for more than a minute tops. "No, I haven't."

       "Well, you've been standing here since James got here. Long enough for the alarm to go off."

      Crazy that I hadn't even noticed until she pointed it out. I immediately closed the fridge door and plastered a tight smile on my face. It would have to do. "It just took me awhile to figure out what I wanted to drink. You know, water or juice type of choices." I said as I turned towards the elevators where James had just entered with Ella and Sarah in tow. What a cute little family. A beautiful man with his equally stunning woman, accompanied by their little mini me. Such is a picture of perfection.

        "James is here." Rose said, pointing out the obvious.

      Without taking my eyes off them while they were chitchatting with the few people already present, I replied absentmindedly. "And so I've noticed."

      "Are you okay?"

     "Yeah, I'm peachy." I answered right as Eva approached us, standing right in front of me, blocking my view of James and Co. I frowned.

      "Are you alright?" Ugh, I wish they would all stop asking me this dumb question so that I could stop lying to them. I needed them to look at me and know that I wasn't okay but was doing my absolute best to change that.

       "I wish y'all would stop asking me that." The frustration in my voice pretty noticeable. I just wanted to be left alone so I could watch from afar. It was insane the fact that I had never met Sarah before. She was even prettier in real life than in pictures or my expectations.

        With her long silky brown hair and her beautiful smile. No wonder why James had been so drawn to her. There was something about her that I just couldn't actively pinpoint. Something about her that made you keep your eyes glued on her, much longer than what could be socially acceptable.

       "Has any of you met her before?" I asked Rose and Eva who were standing next to me, without looking away. James put Ella down who immediately ran towards the kids who were playing somewhere in the living room. The way Frederick, who had just now approached the group, was interacting with Sarah, was as that of old friends who were reuniting.

       "Who?" Eva asked, clearly avoiding to reply. I raised an eyebrow at her.

      "The tooth fairy." I rolled my eyes, the sarcasm dripping off my words. I was not in the mood to play games.

      "Oooh you mean Sarah." Rose laughed nervously, which surprised me. That was supposed to be a fairly straight answer so I didn't know what was currently happening with the two of them looking anywhere but at me while mumbling their words.