one

"I've been weak more times than I've been tough, I've been up and down and out and out of luck"

(Third Person POV) -- Eleven months ago

She laughed as he swung her in his arms, carrying her like a man carries his brand new bride. Her blue eyes squeezed shut as he spins her round and round, until they both land on the couch. She lays underneath him, both out of breath and staring into each other's eyes. Getting lost, with no way back.

Her arms wrapping around his neck, pulling him closer to her till their lips touch.

He pulls back though, staring at her undeniable beauty in the light of the setting sun outside.

"Tobias," She says, running a hand through his curls. "what are you thinking about?"

She asks because she can tell something is happening in that mind of his.

He sighs, with the slightest smirk playing with the corner of his lips. "I guess, I just look at you... and can't help but see that girl that loves me more than I deserve."

It hadn't been the first time he said something along those lines to her, and it wouldn't be the last.

She smiles softly, "You've given me plenty of opportunities to run, huh?"

Joking he knows that the words shouldn't hurt the way that they end up doing, and of course she realizes that.

He gets up off her, sitting up. She leans on his shoulder, unable to stand the small distance created in between them.

In the wooden dream home that Tobias built for her, they walk to the tall glass windows over looking the wide spread green land. The sky painted a light peach as it fades to nighttime.

His arms circle around her waist bringing her closer to his chest, "Are you happy Tris?"

She pauses a minute, leaning back into him as far as she can as his chin resting on her shoulder.

"Yeah," She hums, her smile growing. "I'm happy."

/    /    /    /

Present Time

The pencil writes swiftly the words in his head, as he tries to get them all down before they disappear.

Almost finished Tobias's best friend--and roommate-- Zeke bursts through the door. "You still workin on that song?"

He asks, his mouth full of cereal as he eats out of a bowl. Sighing, as he loses the last few words Tobias looks up.

"What do you think Zeke?" He asks, leaning back and showing the guitar in his arms, the pads of paper everywhere and chord sheets laying all over the floor.

"Come on, you've been working on these for months.. you barely go out." Zeke complains, sitting in the chair across from Tobias.

"I have too been out." Tobias argues, placing his light wood acoustic guitar down beside him and starts to pick up the scattered papers.

"I mean really go out."

"What? Like the oh so successful dates that you go on, and all the bars that I hate being in??" Tobias laughs.

"You need to find someone new okay, it's sad how hung up you are on--"

"Don't say it." Tobias snaps, maybe it's not the fact that her name was almost mentioned... but by all the truth in the conversation.

Zeke gives him that look... the one that Tobias absolutely hates. The one that once again explains how this is pathetic, and depressing.

"You still going to meetings?" Zeke asks, on a more serious and different note.