sixty three

"There's never been a day, when I walked this world alone, There never was a night, that I didn't feel at home,"

Present Day

"Are you happy Tris?"

"Yeah," She hums, her smile growing. "I'm happy."

Suddenly, Tobias is standing in that house he built for the love of his life. In the middle of the front room that is bare with no furniture. All that's there is the large glass window with the linen drapes, the sun flooding into the room. And Tris.

She stands near the window, her body clothed in white. A dress that reaches the floor, but Tobias can spot that her feet are bare-- something she always did. Her hair cascades down her back, and she smiles back at him. A smile that makes him feel weak, makes his heart beat twice as fast, and a smile that makes him miss her even more. And as she stands there, she glows. A heavenly glow.

"I can see us coming here years in the future, can't you?"

Tris grips the railing, smelling the wind and Tobias's cologne wrap around her. "Yes."

The bridge. He is no longer standing in the house, but instead overlooking the water. That one place that was marked by the years they had been in each others lives. Through good, through bad. Through thick, and thin, the bridge was their spot.

She's standing in the same dress, the white cotton fabric blowing in the breeze, and her feet are still bare as she touches the wood. Her hair blows behind her like her dress, and she's looking straight over at him. That same smile, and in the bright sunlight her eyes are shimmering. Like diamonds.

And it's as if the rays of sunshine are beaming off of her, for she shines brighter. A heavenly shine.

"I love you." Those three words, make Tobias's whole world come to a halt.

"I've loved you since the very first time I laid eyes on you," She says with a soft smile. "First time I ever heard you laugh, first time I saw your smile.'

"And even after all the hell we put each other through... I love you now."

He's standing in the glow of the Christmas tree behind him, in the room of the house she confessed the words that changed his life once again. And she's there, in front of him. Still in white, still in glowing perfection, and her hands are reaching out. Slowly, so slowly he wonders if they will ever touch.

Tobias feels breathless as he looks at Tris, her beauty and her presence destroying him. Her hands reach and they grab hold of his own. They are warm. Soft and gentle, just as he remembered them to be. And the touch of her hands on his, he never wants her to let go. She let go once, don't let go of me again, he pleads.

"I'm right here Tobias," He looks at her, biting his lip in an effort to keep his tears at bay. "And I'm not leaving you, not for anything."