thirty eight

"And all you are to me, Baby I'll be that for you."

Present Day-- One Month Time Lapse

"And I will then say, Tobias, you may kiss your bride." The minister says to both Tobias and Tris.

Tobias smirks, "Then I can dip you like this," Catching Tris off guard he tilts her back in his arms and bends down. Kissing her slowly, and softly. "and kiss my bride."

The sun shines down on them, as Tobias and Tris, their closest friends, and Tris's family are gathered around

The sun shines down on them, as Tobias and Tris, their closest friends, and Tris's family are gathered around. The rehearsal dinner in just a couple hours, as they are running through the rehearsal of the ceremony.

Taking place in the beautiful green vast field in front of the home Tobias built back in the day for their future. A place with beauty and memories, a place with value for both of them.

The aisle to be paved in a line of white rose petals, the arch made of the same flowers. Rows of chairs on either side, and the sun in the background. Planned for right around dusk, as the sun sets behind them.

"It's going to be beautiful." Natalie tells her daughter as she hugs her tight.

"I hope so," Tris says, pulling back and looking up at her fiancé. "I know we planned all this in a little over than a month. But it's simple, and all came together beautifully."

Tobias kisses her temple, as the guest get ready to leave to get ready for the dinner that night. Leaving Tobias and Tris together in the growing field, the feeling of forever slowly floating in.

"I couldn't wait any longer," Tris whispers against Tobias's chest, as she hugs him. "one month seemed like one year. And tomorrow, I finally get to marry you."

Looking up at him, Tris smiles lovingly. "Tomorrow."

Tobias repeats with just as much love in his voice as hers, but Tris can also hear the building nerves inside him.

"Not getting cold feet are you?"

Tobias looks down at her, and shakes his head. "Not at all."

Staring out at the clear blue sky, Tobias can't help but wonder if the nerves he's feeling are just anxiety... or if the possibility of cold feet isn't too far away.

|    |    |   |

Two and A Half Years Ago

"Someone's in a smiley mood today huh?" Tobias asks, as he watches Tris walk into the kitchen. Wrapping her arms around his torso, hugging him tightly. A smile stretched out on her face.

"Don't know why that is." She shrugs, playing along.

"I don't know," Tobias jokes, kissing her hair. "couldn't be the fact that you're engaged to me, so what is it?"

Laughing, Tris looks up at Tobias,  "That could be a contributing factor."

"No regrets right?" Tobias asks, knowing that if she slept on it and realized just how broken he was that she may have second thoughts about her answer.

"None," Tris says, kissing him gently. "no regrets right?"

Asking the question back to him, Tobias shakes his head.

"None."

|     |      |     |

Present Day

"And you have your tux?" Tris asks for the third time, as Tobias slips on his light jacket.

"Yes babe, I got everything. The guys have me all covered, and so do you." Kissing her forehead, in attempts to calm her down.

"It's just going to feel weird being in this big house without you, the night before our wedding."

"Thought you said you wanted tradition?" Tobias asks, wrapping his arms around his fiancée's waist.

"I did," Tris nods, her hands cupping Tobias face. Feeling the small bit of stubble along his jaw. "I'm just going to miss you."

Tobias laughs, "After tomorrow, you'll have me every single night. You can survive one night. And besides," He smirks at her.

"You don't want to hurt their feelings." All Tris's friends are over, her bridesmaids, planning a little bachelorette party Tris had stressed she didn't want.

"Don't get into too much trouble tonight." Tris tells him, and Tobias knows she has the idea of a wild bachelor night ahead of him.

But what she doesn't know is that it'll be a quiet night for him as he finishes up his wedding present for Tris.

"I'll see what I can do." 

"Tris! Come on, let him leave. It's girl time!" Christina shouts from the other room, making Tris shake her head.

"Sure I can't come with?" She jokes, resting her cheek against Tobias's chest. The smell of him engulfing her, soothing her anxious nerves.

"I'll see you tomorrow beautiful." Tobias assures her, kissing the top of her head softly.

"I'll be the one in white." Tris smiles, looking up at him.

Bending down, Tobias kisses her slowly. Just thinking that the next time he kisses her, she'll be his wife.

The thing he's always wanted her to be to him; his wife to have and to hold.

"I love you." Tobias whispers against her lips, feeling Tris smiling back at him.

"I love you too," She whispers back. "it's all finally happening for us Tobias."

Pulling back, Tobias looks into her eyes. Lost in love, lost in her.

Everything they fought so hard through the years for, was finally coming together tomorrow. The life they both envisioned for the two of them would begin, a life for both of them, a life together.

A/N: I know, a really short chapter. I apologize for that, I was struggling with writing for this chapter. I'm hoping the next few will be longer because FourTris wedding!! :)