Chapter 33

"Eww! My eyes, my eyes!"
Came a loud cry.
Harry and I broke apart quickly to look towards the source only to find Gemma by the doorway with a disgusting look on her face.
"What the hell do you two think you're doing?" She scolded
"What the bloody hell does it look like?" Harry responded with a glare that had me shaking in my place, but Gemma did not bulge.
"You!" She pointed at me well more like shot daggers at me.

"That's what you do when there are parents right outside? Have you no manners? Where you raised on a farm?" She practically yelled those words at me.

"Leave her alone!" Harry responded before I could. "If anyone is to be blamed here, it's me, not her." He hugged me to him.

"I must say am disappointed in you brother. I expected more from you. Although with her am not surprised, I mean she is a whore and so is her entire family." She spoke with such venom and distaste.

I could feel Harry stiffen next to me before charging towards his sister. I run after him and caught him just in time before he does anything I know he will regret later. The two siblings started yelling at each other until Anne came in and dragged both of them out leaving me in the kitchen by myself.

I quickly washed the remaining dishes and started cleaning the kitchen as fast as I could. I tried really hard to forget the accusations Gemma just threw at me but my stupid brains won't stop repeating them. Tears welled up in my eyes and I refused to let it fall. It's not surprising that people think this stuff about me and my family but having someone actually have the guts to say it to my face really hurt-to say the least. Before I knew it tears are running down my face so much so that I couldn't see anything else. I wiped them as they came down and soon enough I was done cleaning the kitchen and headed off to my room.

When I got in, I just lost it. It was as if someone has opened a flood gate. I just laid on the bed and cried my eyes out. I felt Someone rubbing my back and I turned around to see Harry. He apologized profusely on his sisters behalf and told me we could leave tomorrow if I wanted ,which of course I refused. I mean we just got here and I know he wants to spend the holidays with his family. I also know being with his family makes him the happiest and if I have to endure hateful words from his sister from now and then in exchange for him being happy then that's a small price am willing to pay.

His face lit up when I told him I was willing to stay. He placed a soft kiss on my lips before laying down and pulling me on top of him. His heartbeat was music to my ears, that combined with the smooth circles he was drawing on my back was like a sedative and I slowly found myself drifting off, well until there was a knock on the door.
"Come in" Harry called out.
Anne walked in and sat on the bed by Harry's feet.
"Do you mind if I have a word with Kendall alone?" She asked. Harry was hesitant at first but I scolded him and told him to give us a minute which he eventually agreed to.

Once the door was shut Anne apologized on behalf of her daughter and reassured me Gemma would be no problem, ever again. She also told me how protective Her daughter is of her little brother and that I should give her some time she will come around. She went on and told me a story about when they were kids, and this bully in school won't leave Harry alone. So Gemma went down to his school one day, and punched the boy in the throat. She threatened him to leave her brother alone. That got Ema the nickname "kill throat" well until they were in high school. The story made me smile a little and also gave me a better look into Harry and his sisters relationship. It saddened me though that they have been fighting a lot lately because of me. I just knew I had to get Ema to see the real me. Am not saying she has to like me, but I want her to know am more than what she reads on the Internet or in the press and same goes for my family.

Anne thanked me for helping out, hugged me good night and left my room. Harry walked in moments later and we assumed our previous position on the bed until I fell asleep.

I dreamed of Gemma and I being BFF's and having a great laugh.