Part 34

Kendall's POV:

Days went by quickly. Every morning I woke up before everyone else and made breakfast. I cleaned the house and did laundry when need be, so I can give Anne a break. Harry took me around his hometown, showing me some of his favorite places and spots, including, the park he had his first kiss and the bakery he used to work at before going on the X factor.  I was introduced to his childhood friends. In general people in his hometown were lovely and they saw him as one of their own not the celebrity the world knows.

Anne on the other hand took me around to see the city. We also visited a few family members where she introduced me as her daughter in-law not as Harry's girlfriend. From time to time we will go grocery shopping and she allowed me pick up anything I wanted. She became familiar soon. She was like a second mum to me now and I loved every second I spent with her. When we will talk, or just watch TV, Anne lets me lay my head on her lap and she strokes my hair soothly as only a mother can.

Like Anne had promised Gemma was no longer causing trouble. Most of the time, when the rest of her family was around, she avoided me like a plague. She will occasionally throw insults at me though when I passed her in the hallway or any other parts of the house. I became used to it pretty quickly and now her words don't hurt as much. Bitch, Slut and gold digger were a few of her favorite words and now I actually like them, well only when she says them.

It's two days before Christmas and I haven't bought gifts for anyone yet. I needed a ride to the mall but Harry had some stuff to finish in the studio with the boys in London so he left yesterday and should be returning tomorrow. Anne was my only option, being that Robin don't drive due to his bad knees and Lord knows hell will break loose should I ask Gemma for a ride.

I hopped excitedly to Anne's room. I told her I needed a ride to the mall. She informed me about her appointment and then came up with the idea of me going to the mall with Gemma. She said it would be the perfect way for us to bond.

Hearing Gemma's name made me panic a bit but she assured me Gem would be on her best behavior, so I gave in.  Somehow she got her daughter to agree to drive me to the mall. I hugged Anne goodbye and Gem practically dragged me out the house.

So here I am sitting awkwardly in the car as loud music streams through the speakers, a few of which I know but refuse to sing out loud for fear that Gem might jump out of her seat and scratch me or something. My eyes drifted between the road and my phone, occasionally checking emails and catching up on social media until I was bored and then reading billboards and road signs.

I saw we passed the mall sign and panic set into me. Okay so this is it. This is how am going to die. Gem is just going to drive me somewhere and leave me to die alone in the cold.
"Oh stop being a drama queen!" Nicole commented with an eye roll.

Maybe Nicole is right.
"Hey Gemma why did you just pass the mall entrance?"  I asked squirming in my seat.
"Am going to pick up a friend. Listen you slut! I don't have to explain myself to you. This is my car and I can make any stop I want okay?"
"Okay, sorry" I replied timidly. I taught this shopping trip would be the perfect way for Gem and I to bond but I guess I was wrong. I do know one thing for sure though and that is I will be damned not to stand up for myself. I am sick and tired of this girl spilling insults at me every chance she gets. I need to know her reason behind her attitude towards me.

"Why do you hate me?" The question left my lips before I could stop myself. I could tell by how stunned she was that she wasn't expecting such bold moves on my part. Let's face it I have been pretty timid around her. I mostly avoided even looking at her.

"Because you're a gold digger and a fame whore. You and your family will do anything for fame even if it means selling your souls. My brother has worked too damn hard for his name to be dragged down in the media because of you and your crazy family."