Chapter 1: College Life (Picture of Mikaila)

~Four Years Later~

The music was pounding through the bass loudly as people swarmed around the bar calling out their orders. Patience my people...patience! I but only have two hands!!

For a Sunday night, Finnerty's was filled from wall to wall with people watching the Giants VS 49'ers game. The crowds were going wild, as the game went into overtime. Of course we're all hoping for the Giants to make it to the superbowl...we are in NY for god sakes.

I just finished unloading all the boxes of beer that Aiden carried up from downstairs into the fridges. As I swiped my hands on my jeans I looked down and noticed a wet spot on my Giants jersey....damn it! I hope it was just that...a wet spot and not a stain!

Aiden looked over at me giving me his crooked grin as I leaned in to my next customer to take his order. "Welcome to Finnerty's what can I get you?"  I asked with my flirtiest smirk, looking into his bright blue eyes.

I was used to looking at all the different types of man candy NYU had to offer. There were all types of hotness here at the campus, but none of it fazed me at all. I had all the hotness I would ever need in Zac.

Not that I became a skank or anything, but harmlessly flirting with these guys meant great tips for me at the end of the night. No harm done if I wasn't playing into the games.

"You can start by getting me your number." The guy with the masculine jaw and blue eyes grinned playfully.

"Sorry, buddy...no can do. Her number belongs to me." Zac growled lowly as he came up with Chad and stood next to the guy.

The guy put his hands up in surrender. "Sorry my man, I didn't know she was taken." He smiled putting a hand out to Zac to shake. "I'm Luke by the way, I've seen the damage you guys do on the court...you guys are having one hell of a season."

Zac shook his hand and sat down on the stool in front of me, throwing a wink my way. Chad took his place on the stool next to Zac. 

Zac, Chad, and Aiden played for NYU's basketball team. Ironically, it all started out as a bet they made with one another to try out and see who could make the team since NYU doesn't have a football team. All three of them made it on the squad.

"Thanks man. I'm Zac, this is Chad, and that there is my Kaila." Zac smirked nodding off in my direction. He never introduced me as Kai, he wanted to be the only one who called me that.

"I'll take a Heineken on tap." Luke said smiling as he threw a ten dollar bill on the counter. "Keep the change."

"Thanks." I called out to him as I handed him his beer and watched as he walked off to his group of friends seated at one of the tables.

"Looks to me like you're having a good night Kaila, your tip jar's overflowing." Chad grinned quickly turning his attention to the tv screen as he started screaming when the Giants fumbled the ball.

I filled up two glasses with Guinness and set it down in front of Zac and Chad. "Maybe you should call it an early night...you look exhausted beautiful." Zac said concerned.

"I am exhausted, but I'll be ok. I just have a couple hours to go." I gave him a small smile as I leaned over and kissed him gently on the lips, getting that instant tingling sensation. "Don't worry you should go home and get some sleep...you guys have an early morning. Aid will get me home safe."

"You know I can't sleep without you next to me Kai." Zac looked at me with his puppy dog eyes. Even though he shared his apartment with Chad and Aiden...we never spent the night apart.

Either I was over at his place, or he was at mines. Yes...we lived right next door to one another..so what? We were inseparable!

We were now four years into our relationship and things still seemed as if it were the first time we got together. We still had the same effect on one another and the love between us still burned fiercely.