Chapter 21: Laughable Lie!

"Kaila, have you even been listening to me for the past ten minutes?" Reese asked slightly annoyed as she snapped her fingers hastily in front of my face. We were walking on campus, just finishing up our classes for the day.

"Hmm....what?" I answered snapping out of my daydream. I couldn't help but think back to how much fun Thanksgiving weekend was.

We spent the rest of the weekend going to all the different bars, during the day the girls shopped at the outlet stores, and we all gambled away our money.

Some of the guys had luck at the poker tables, but us girls dwindled away our cash on the slots. All of us got along and it was overall a great time.

Now it was back to the same old routine, preparing for our upcoming finals to end this semester. Then one more final semester before graduation! Crazy that three weeks passed by so quickly, Christmas was right around the corner!

In a way I was looking forward to graduation, but I was also scared of what's to come. Zac and I haven't even discussed our future plans yet...don't ask what the heck we're waiting for, because I have no clue!

"I said..." Reese made sure to emphasize loudly to be certain I was actually paying attention this time. "Have you and Zac picked a date for the wedding yet?" She asked wide eyed and lips pursed.

Shaking my head, "No, we haven't chosen a date. It'll be way after graduation though, so stop getting so excited. I'm not ready to start the dreaded planning yet." I rolled my eyes and pulled her into the cafe for some coffee.

I was gonna need a nice big cup since I'd be working tonight and needed to cram for my English final in a few days. To say sleep would be a missing factor in my life for the next week, would be to hit it right on target.

"Ugh, I can't wait until finals are over." I grunted in displeasure as we stood there deciding on what we wanted.

"Tell me about it." A masculine voice said quietly in my ear. I spun around in surprise with the biggest grin tugging at my lips.

My eyes narrowed slightly on their own as I stared up at the person who said that. "Hunter! Where have you been?!? If I didn't know any better I'd say you've been avoiding me!" I accused in fake hurt.

"Never that gorgeous. Hey Reese." Hunter grinned down at me with his trademark smile.

"Hey Hunt, how's it going?" Reese asked as she stepped forward and placed our order.

"Things are great, thanks for asking." Hunter directed towards Reese, then he turned to face me. "I'm sorry I've just been so extremely busy with busting my behind to make sure I make it into med school."

I nodded my head and pretended to be deep in thought as I tapped my index finger against my chin. Finally, I answered, "Aww well in that case, I'll let you off the hook this time."

Hunter pulled me close for a tight hug, half picking me up off the ground. He placed me back down and pulled out some money from his wallet paying for all of our drinks.

"Am I forgiven now?" He asked with the cutest puppy dog face.

"Of course you are." Reese smiled appreciatively as her cell phone beeped. I nodded my head in agreement.

"Thanks!" Reese said holding up her coffee. "Kaila, I'll call you later. That's AJ he's here to pick me up. See ya later Hunt." Reese called out as she turned to walk towards the parking lot.

"Bye Reese." Hunter called after her.

"You better call me, I know where you live!" I cried out as Reese glanced over her shoulder and stuck her tongue out at me.