Chapter 4: Awkward Much? (Picture of Ethan)

Saturday morning and I'm being tortured I say...tortured! I worked late last night not getting in until after 3 AM only to be woken up at 7:30 AM.

"Rise and shine sugar plum." Reese called out from the other side of my door as she knocked lightly.

I grabbed the pillow and covered my head in a poor attempt to block her out. Zac was spooning me from behind and I could feel the vibrations of his chest as he laughed at me.

"Think if we be quiet enough, she'll go away?" Zac whispered as he placed a kiss on my bare shoulder.

"No...I think she's just gonna knock harder." My voice came out muffled from underneath the pillow. 

"I knowww you're awake in there, I can hear your voicesss." Reese sang out while knocking again. I'm going to strangle this girl!

I made sure to lock the door of Zac's room when Zac and I got in last night. He hung out at Finnerty's until closing to make sure I got home safe.

Aiden left the bar with some blond bimbo he met that invited him back to her place. Chad went back home to Long Island for the weekend to visit his family so that's why we were over at Zac's place...for some peace and quiet.

Unfortunately Reese had their spare key so she happened to let herself in...hence why she is currently knocking on the door being a pest.

I threw back the covers and marched angrily over to the door, unlocking it and coming face to face with a bright and chipper Reese.

"Reese!" I said through gritted teeth. "It's entirely too early for you to be knocking...I just got in after 3 this morning...please let me sleep until at least 10?" I begged with a pout.

The smile never broke from her face as she continued to stare at me. "Well good morning to you too sunshine!...Hi Zac."

"Morning Reese." Zac said smiling while stretching in bed.

"I was actually coming over to tell you that AJ's picking me up so we can go look at halls. So you can go back to your beauty rest for a little while, but I expect you to meet up with me around 2 so we can go to lunch and then go shopping for your dress."

We agreed to go dress shopping bright and early today, but after last night I really didn't have it in me to get out of bed at 8 AM. So, I guess her coming over here to let me know I was off the hook until later on this afternoon was the best news I've heard in a long time!

I threw my arms around her hugging her tightly. "Thank you so much...you're a life saver." I sighed with relief. "Text me where we're going for lunch."

"I sure will, now go back to sleep. No hanky panky...ya hear?" She said sternly pointing her finger between Zac who was laying in the bed and I.

"Just go." I answered shoving her out the room and slamming the door shut. Now that I was wide awake I was going to need someone to tire me out...wink...wink.

Zac made sure I had a 'good' morning before we fell back to sleep tiredly. Waking up at 12:30 PM, I felt so refreshed!

I looked around the room, but Zac was nowhere to be found. Getting up out of bed I found Zac sitting in front of the tv watching a movie while eating pizza.

"Afternoon beautiful...want some?" He said with a mouthful while looking innocently over his shoulder at me. I smirked at how cute he was and shook my head no.

"I gotta go next door so I can get ready." I leaned over the sofa and hugged him from behind, placing a kiss on his cheek. "I'll stop by to give you a proper goodbye before I leave." I promised as I went to my apartment to get ready.