Chapter 17: Frat Party...Pity Party

"Well, well, well...looky what the wind blew in." Aiden teased as I walked behind the bar to put my bag away. "Nice of you to join me sweetness, missed you yesterday." He smiled cheesily throwing an arm around my shoulder.

"Hey Aid, what's up?" I asked smiling. Aiden was always in such a good mood, I wondered if anything ever upset him?

He shrugged his shoulders and raised his eyebrows up at me. "I dunno, you tell me? Things cool with you and Zac?"

My eyes drifted off into a daze as I stared out at the empty space ahead of me. Were things cool between me and Zac? How do I even answer a question like that?

"I'm not so sure what things are between us." I stated with a sad look on my face. "He was dishonest with me Aid, you know how I feel about that."

"I know sweetness, I know..." Aiden's voice drifted off. "I know you're pissed off at what happened, but if it counts for anything he was really worried about you last night. I've known Zac for as long as I've known you...he's a good guy Kaila. He wouldn't hurt you like that."

I wanted to tell Aiden that good guy or not, he still took that bitch out to lunch and dinner behind my back...but I didn't want to be an evil witch and get him involved in the middle of this. It wasn't fair to him, so I decided to change the subject.

"Don't worry, thing's will work themselves out." I reassured him as I wrapped my arms around him in a sideways hug. "You're going to Phi Gamma Delta's party this Saturday, right?"

"Oh hell yeah, of course I am...wouldn't miss a frat party for the world." He cheered up instantly at the mention of a party. "I told Colby last night to give us off Saturday so we could go. He has Jenn and Steve covering the bar that night."

Didn't I tell you Aiden's a great guy? "Aww, thanks Aid. You're the best." I smiled standing on my tippytoes and giving him a kiss on the cheek.

He chuckled a little lifting me up into a bear hug. "Shhh...you're gonna ruin my reputation! I'm only the best for you." He whispered quietly in my ear as he placed me back down on the ground.

It wasn't busy at all for a Tuesday, as the weather gets colder...less and less people come out. Pool league is over which is also another reason for the slow night. Shuffleboard league is starting up in two weeks so business should kick up again.

The night passed by quickly as I kept myself busy doing homework and restocking all the fridges. Here and there a few guys would stop by to watch the game, but it was a pretty boring night.

I haven't heard from Zac at all since he left me standing in the courtyard. I'm not gonna lie, I missed not hearing from him. Throughout the day he'd send me little texts here and there, telling me he loves me or that he can't wait to cuddle with me...I had zero messages on my phone.

Then again, I had no right to feel sorry for myself. I was the one who asked for this, wasn't I? Space was what I asked for...and it's exactly what Zac's giving me.

I already texted Hunter to let him know I had off on Saturday and that I'd definitely be at the party. He was home writing a paper for Anatomy so he wouldn't be stopping by the bar tonight.

About an hour before closing, Aiden's cell phone rang. I heard him saying something along the lines of "Nah it's not busy tonight. Yeah man, you know I always make sure she gets home safe. Ok, cool. Have a good night."

Trying to act as though I wasn't eavesdropping, I kept my back turned and continued wiping down the counters. I knew for a fact he was talking to Zac...about me.

Why didn't Zac call me? Did asking him to give me space mean that he's going to pretend that we weren't still together?

Spinning around to face Aiden as he hung up the phone, I raised my eyebrows at him in question. "What was that about?"