Chapter 26: All Grown Up (Picture of Alena)

"So you're sure you'll be ok?" Aunt Elisha asked for the twenty billionth time with a worrisome look strewn across her face. "Call me if you need anything at all...well except when I'm on the plane."

"I promise you I'll be perfectly fine. Now if you don't get going, you'll miss your flight!" I huffed out in frustration. "Go...enjoy your much needed vacation with Hunter." I urged shoving her out the door.

She was supposed to meet Hunter at the airport over a half hour ago, they're going to Hawaii for a week. It's a much needed vacation for her, she's been working nonstop like the little energizer bunny.

"Ok...I'm going...I'm going." Aunt Elisha grinned sheepishly. "Show 'em how it's done, you're the boss." She winked as she leaned in to give me a hug and kiss goodbye.

"Thanks for everything, call me when you get there." I smiled hugging her back. "Love you."

"Love you too sweet pea." She said giving me one last wistful look before she finally walked out the door.

Three months have passed since New Year's in France, at least something good came out of that whole incident between Zac and Ethan.

Ethan met someone during his trip to the emergency room. A young pretty nurse named Chantelle. He decided to stay in Paris and see where things go between the two of them.

Now, he's trying to figure out if he wants to live there permanently and fly out to New York to visit. I know all this, because we keep in touch through email.

Aunt Elisha flew out to New York with me when I returned home after New Years and chose a headquarter for her newest site.

She had the contractors build everything to her liking and has been here for the past month setting everything up.

Unbelievable how life feels as though someone pushed the fast forward button...time is just speeding on by! Our last semester started up and that quickly, in less than a month...we'll be graduating.

Coincidentally the office is only a five minute walk from the loft. I've spent the last week shadowing Aunt Elisha. I watched her tie up loose ends and learned the everyday overall operations.

I was supposed to start working there after graduation, but everything fell into place sooner then we expected.

So today is my first day here on my own, it's either sink or swim! Cross your fingers and wish me luck! Knowing me, I'm gonna need it!

I ended up quitting the bar in order to be able to manage everything here. I very well couldn't handle classes, bartending, and running an entire business.

Colby was extremely understanding, reassuring me I'd always have a job at Finnerty's. Aiden had to stop working at the bar also, his stock broker intership started this semester.

Every now and then when I miss Finnerty's, I'll go in and bartend just for the hell of it. More often times then not, when I step foot into Finnerty's it's to get a drink with the gang.

"Kaila, for this design do you think we should go with red or blue?" Reese asked walking into my office holding up a red and blue swatch against a dress design.

Yes, you heard right...my very own office...and to top it off, I get to work with my best friend! Life couldn't get any better!

Reese and I had an early morning class today which is now done and over with, we'd be spending the rest of the afternoon and evening getting things in order.

Aunt Elisha finally met Reese when she came over to scout for locations. As soon as she found out that Reese's major was the same as mine, she hired her on the spot.