Chapter 22: Business Discussion

Packing up the rest of my belongings and taping up the huge cardboard box, I looked around my room and sighed.

There were boxes piled up against the entire wall of my room. Since our lofts were already fully furnished, we allowed some of our friends on campus to come and claim whatever they wanted from our apartments.

Someone took my bed set, claiming it was so much nicer and newer than their own. Somebody else took all my silverware, cups and dishes. It was chaotic having people come in and help themselves, but it was for a good cause.

The rest of the furniture and anything else that wasn't claimed by our fellow friends, was donated to the local salvation army.

I was gonna miss this place, it's held alot of memories for the past four years since we all started college. Zac, Chad and Aiden decided it was time to just move up to our lofts permanently.

It didn't make any sense to continue paying rent for two separate places, so we were forfeiting our security deposits and breaking the lease on our apartment near campus.

I was so grateful that the fall semester was finally done and over with. I managed to pass all my finals with flying colors. Now we had a few weeks off before starting spring semester.

This was going to be some much needed time off for me where all I'd have to worry about is relaxation and work. Oh yea, don't forget to add moving to the mix too!

Christmas came and went that quickly, we spent it with our parents at Zac's house back in Long Island. Having the traditional family dinner and gift opening.

Sitting on the floor in the apartment alone, I just thought back to how much things have changed and how time flies by so quickly.

Zac and Chad were working, Aiden stayed in Long Island for a few extra days to spend it with his parents.

Well, at least moving to the loft would mean we'd be much closer to Reese and AJ. I could just jump on the elevator and go down to her floor to harass her now, instead of calling her up and whining to her.

My cell began ringing, breaking me out of my thoughts. "Hello?" I answered the phone without even checking to see who was calling.

"Hey sweet pea, long time no chat." Aunt Elisha's voice came through on the other line.

I pulled the phone away from my ear and stared at it in surprise. Putting it back to my ear, I laughed. "Well, well, well...if it isn't my long lost Aunt who's been practically M.I.A. Thought you forgot about your commoner niece."

"Aww, don't be like that Kaila!" Elisha cried in surprise. "You know I've been so extremely busy lately and I have not been M.I.A, we text each other every day!"

I chuckled into the phone, she's such a little firecracker. So easy to rile up. "I know Aunt Elisha, you've been busy in your world travels promoting your fashion line. How was Christmas?"

"Christmas was great." She sighed dreamily into the phone. "Hunter flew out to Spain to surprise me."

Yes people, if you dig way back into your memories...Hunter was the personal trainer that whipped my behind into tip top shape. Ironically, his name is Hunter just like my Hunter here at campus...go figure.

My Aunt's been dating him for the past two years, he finally grew the nerve to confess his feelings for her and they've been together ever since.

"That was nice." I said genuinely happy that she's found someone to share her life with. "So what do I owe the pleasure of your call?"

"What? I can't just call my favorite niece to say hello?" She asked slightly annoyed, but in a joking manner.

"I'm your only niece and lately you've only called me when you have big news to tell me." I quipped, knowing damn well she had to either tell me something important or had something up her sleeve.