Chapter 9: Rehearsal Dinner Disaster (Picture of Reese)

It's Sunday afternoon, one entire week left before Reese and AJ's wedding...it's amazing how quickly time flies by as you get older.

One day you're young and carefree, wishing for time to speed up so you can do all these great things because you're a grown up.

Then before you know it, you're a grown up...wishing things would go back to when you were a child. A time when life was so much more simpler.

We're in church going through the final wedding rehearsal. If I have to pretend to march down this isle one more time, I'm going to strangle myself along with Reese.

It's bad enough I have to walk out hanging onto Ethan's arm, never mind the sad puppy dog look he's been giving me every time I see him these past couple weeks.

At least we haven't ran into one another again since that day at the loft....and we've been so busy rehearsing that we haven't had any alone time to actually strike up a conversation with one another..thank god for that!

If it wasn't for Reese's glorious glow and just her excitement of becoming AJ's wife, I would've rained on her parade a long time ago...she's two skips away from becoming a bridezilla!

"Gemma...Alex!! You guys need to walk together. One...two...one...two. Count it out in your heads if you need to, but your walk is off!" Reese bellowed, her voice echoing through the church.

Geez, talk about little miss perfectionist! My eyes widened in surprise at her bossiness as I gave Gemma a little smirk and a wink. Gemma agreed to be a bridesmaid and Alex a groomsman. Gemma just let out a giggle as she took her place next to me.

Thankfully, Colby was kind enough to switch my alternating day off permanently to Sunday nights. It used to be that I'd get off a day during the weeknight, but since he knows the torture I have to go through with being maid of honor and the duties that follow along with that, he was kind enough to change my day off.

After another grueling hour, we finally mastered the rehearsal to Reese's liking which meant we could finally go home and get some rest.

I was drained from getting in after three in the morning last night from work, to have Reese waking me up at nine to rehearse.

Now I have to rush home to finish some sketches and a paper due for my English Comp 203 class before I needed to meet up with them again for the rehearsal dinner.

"Hey beautiful, how'd it go?" Zac asked while grinning at me as I walked through the door of my apartment. He was sitting at our kitchen table typing up his paper.

"What're you doing over here?" I asked with narrowed eyes and a smirk. He never comes over here when nobody is home unless he absolutely needs to.

"I needed peace and quiet to concentrate on my paper, I hope you don't mind I let myself in. Aiden and Chad are over there going nuts on the PS3." He sighed sadly. I knew he wished he was part of the video game action as well.

"It went as well as it could with bridezilla on her war path." I chuckled, leaning down to give him a peck on his lips. "Of course I don't mind baby. Hope you know you're going to the rehearsal dinner so finish up what you gotta do."

"Wouldn't miss it for the world." He said with a high pitched voice in false excitement as he turned his attention back to typing.

We spent the next two hours in quiet, me adding the finishing touches to my sketches then typing up my paper that I already wrote a rough draft for. Zac finished about a half hour earlier than I did, so he just sat there and surfed the internet, while I worked diligently.

I was surprised he didn't just up and leave to go next door to join in on the excitement. Every now and then I'd catch him peeking over at me out the corner of my eyes. Guess he was trying to see if I was anywhere close to finishing up yet.