Chapter 16: Indecisive

"Where have you been all night? I've been so worried about you." Zac's voice sounded full of anxiety as he stood up from the sofa and closed the distance between us.

I just stared at him in disbelief, why was he acting so nonchalant about this whole situation. Shouldn't he be acting bothered or feeling guilty that he got caught with that skank?

"I spent the night at a friend's." I answered simply, not wanting to tell him which friend. I kind of had a feeling he wouldn't appreciate it too much if I were to tell him I spent the night at a frat house full of guys.

"What friend, Kai? The only friends you have live either here or next door." He stated accusingly as his mint green eyes burned into mine.

Speaking of friends, I wondered where the hell Reese was? She should be getting up soon, we have class in an hour.

"Are you trying to say I don't have many friends Zac?" I asked in mock hurt trying to relieve some of the tension in the room. He didn't seem to think that was very funny.

Zac just stared down at me with anger in his eyes. "That's exactly what I'm saying so where were you? You wouldn't answer my calls or texts and you shut off your phone."

I know for a fact he didn't sleep all night, it was evident in the bags that were underneath his eyes. His hair was a ruffled mess.

Just who did he think he was grilling me like I was under some sort of investigation? I wasn't the one caught red handed!

"What does it matter to you where I spent the night at? You could've called Taylor, I'm sure she would've kept you busy..." I shouted angrily as I drifted off towards the end of it.

He inhaled deeply and blew out through his nose, "Kai, I just wanna know that you didn't spend the night sleeping in the car...can you just humor me and tell me where you were...please?"

Zac was giving me his sad wide-eyed puppy dog look. The look that always managed to make me melt inside and give in to whatever it was that he was asking of me.

"Fine..." I huffed, throwing my hands up angrily. "I spent the night at Phi Gamma Delta." My voice mumbled quietly, I'm surprised that he'd even be able to hear me.

"You WHAT?!?" Zac screamed his face turning beet red within seconds. There was only one other time I've seen him get this angry, the night he walked in on Ethan and I making out...the night that he found out Ethan was my boyfriend. "I'll kill him!"

"Calm down, it was strictly platonic!" I urged as I took a step towards the door blocking it so he wouldn't storm out and try to start something with Hunter.

There were over twenty guys in that fraternity, I'm sure they wouldn't just sit back and watch one of their fellow brothers getting beat up by an enraged boyfriend.  

"I spent the night in Hunter's bed and he was on the sofa...nothing happened!" I was beginning to get angry at how he immediately assumed that something happened between me and Hunter.

The little voice in the back of my mind was telling me...much like the same way you assumed the worse with what you saw in the court room? Shush it! I said to myself mentally.

I had perfect reasoning to believe that something happened between the two of them. They were speaking in some sexy secret code language! Why else would she know so damn much about me working nights?

Zac stood in front of me breathing heavily, his jaw clenched down tightly, and his hands curled into tight fists.

"I don't want you around that Hunter guy anymore. I see the way he looks at you and I don't like it." Zac demanded through clenched teeth.