Chapter 6: Drowning My Sorrows (Picture of Maid of Honor Dress)

Almost a full week has gone by since my encounter with Ethan. To say everything was normal between Zac and I, would be a blatant lie.

It's not that we weren't getting along with one another, but things just didn't seem like they were a hundred percent between the two of us. Anyone from the outside could easily tell there was something weighing heavy on both our hearts and minds.

Zac's been trying to act as though nothing's bothering him, but I can tell it's eating him up inside. He's been extra quiet and a bit distant...just the far off look in his eyes when we're sitting around, tells me that he's deep in thought about everything that's been going on.

He's been spending an awful lot of extra time with our parents working longer hours for his internship...so he says. I haven't gotten to spend the couple hours I normally do after class and before I start work with him!

By the time I get home from work, he's already in bed so I only get to cuddle up to him and that's it!

Sitting in my Calculus class I couldn't help but let my mind drift off to everything that happened that night.

Zac was pissed off the entire ride home from the car show after I told him what Ethan confessed to me. His knuckles gripped the steering wheel so tightly, I thought he'd end up breaking off the part he was holding onto.

It took an awful lot of pleading and convincing to stop Zac from turning the car around and beating the crap out of him. Which of course caused Zac to get defensive, thinking that I was trying to 'protect' Ethan.

I got so angry at him for thinking I was taking Ethan's side so I ended up screaming at him. When I get angry enough I begin to bawl, which resulted in a very awkward silence for the duration of the ride home. His jaw clenched tightly while he stared straight ahead without looking at me.

"How dare he think he can just waltz back into your life after all this time...make a confession like that...and then what? Was he hoping to sweep you off your feet and win you over?" Reese screeched as I sat down on the sofa explaining the whole terrible ordeal to her.

When we got back to the apartment, Zac mumbled something about going to take a shower and that he'd be over later.

"I have no idea what he was thinking. I was hoping you could help me out with that." I sighed letting out my breath of frustration. "I just want to live my life drama free...is that too much to ask?!?" I cried out in agony as I ran my fingers through my hair.

Reese chewed down on her lip thoughtfully as she turned to me with a small smile. "I would've given anything to see Zac punch Ethan in the face...it was probably priceless! I mean don't get me wrong I like Ethan and all, but he did hurt you and he is trying to step on Zac's toes here."

I cringed at the thought of Zac's angry face when he punched Ethan as it replayed in my mind. "To be fair Ethan didn't even know Zac and I were together." I stated quietly.

"Oh shit...so does he know now?" Her eyes asked in surprise as she leaned over to paint her toenails. Her little toes were spread out in the separators and her hair was thrown up in a messy bun piled on top of her head.

"Yea, I'm pretty sure he got the hint when we began sucking faces in front of him and AJ."

"Ugh, I'm sure that had to sting a little." Her face scrunching up in mock pain just as Zac came through the front door ending our conversation. She produced a small smile, greeting Zac as she went back to her toenails.

Snapping back to reality, I realized class was over when people began getting up to leave. So much for paying attention today! Gathering my books quickly and shoving them into my bag, I rushed out of the lecture hall to go meet up with Reese.