Chapter 25: Not So Happy New Year

I awoke to the sounds of voices, though I didn't dare open up my eyes just yet. One voice was noticeably louder then the other.

I was laying in a bed, who's bed I was in...I haven't the faintest clue. The mattress was extra cozy though, I felt like I could sleep forever.

The back of my head hurt like a bitch! How long have I been out for and what the hell did I hit my head on?

The last I remembered was laughing with Ethan, then Zac asking what was going on...OH MY GOD...Zac was here in France!

Why is it that Zac's always catching me in compromising positions with guys?!? It's always innocent on my part, but I'm sure in Zac's eyes...it's far from it!

"I trusted you enough to give you my damn plane ticket to get my girl here safely. Gave you the benefit of the doubt when it came to trying to be cool with one another and leave the past behind all of us...and what do you do...you try and fuck me over?" Zac all but roared.

Whoa...what in the hell is he talking about? Nothing happened between us...I'd give anything to know exactly what's going through Zac's mind right now.

"I can assure you that nothing happened between us, she tripped on her dress." Ethan said in a hushed whisper. "I caught her and that's when you walked up to us."

"Yea? Sure didn't look that way to me." Zac's voice was gruff and full of rage. I could just imagine him clenching his jaw tightly and his hands balled up in fists. "Given the opportunity, I'm sure you would've tried and weasel your way back into her heart."

"Look, I just came up here to check if she's ok, I'm not trying to start any trouble." Ethan added calmly. "I'll admit I still had hope that she'd forgive me, but I know now it's a lost cause. She's never looked at me the way she did you at the airport...I get it. Can I just make sure she's comfortable?"

What does he mean he still had hope I'd forgive him? How exactly was I looking at Zac at the airport? Man these two are making my mind spin!

There was something so wrong with this situation. First thing being why was Ethan so calm and why was Zac so angry. I'd expect it to be the other way around, Zac hardly ever lost his cool without reason.

"I think you've done enough so I suggest you go back downstairs to the party." Zac spat out angrily. "I can handle it from here."

Wow Zac sounded pissed, why though? Ethan and I were just innocently hanging out...nothing happened. Besides, wasn't it his friggin idea that Ethan and I come to Paris together?

Weren't they just the best of friends back home in New York? Acting all chummy chummy like long lost pals?

Pulling myself up in the bed I looked around, noticing I was in Ethan's room...on his bed...the same bed he was lying naked in with Giselle...ewww!

Stumbling helplessly to the door, I tried my best to focus my eyes and gain my balance. I could feel a huge lump protruding from the side of my head.

The throbbing sensation causing my hand to rub at it mindlessly. Geez, I'm sure I probably resembled Sloth from the Goonies right now...how attractive.

I slowly opened the door to find Zac basically standing guard, while Ethan stood in front of him at the foot of the steps.

What in the hell is going on here? Ethan's eyes widened as he noticed me standing there. Zac didn't realize I was up yet, his back was facing me.

Ethan took a couple steps forward towards me...towards Zac. What happened next could probably be categorized under one of the top ten worst things I've ever witnessed.