Chapter 5: The Truth (Picture of AJ)

I layed my head back on the headrest and closed my eyes allowing Zac to take me wherever it is that my surprise was. He held my hand, rubbing it soothingly like he always does when we're in the car together.

The car ride was a little more quiet than it normally is, so I knew he was either still angry or had something on his mind. "Whatcha thinking about?" I asked out loud, but still had my eyes closed.

A few moments passed and he still didn't answer me, so I opened my eyes only to see that Zac was gazing at me with an expression I wasn't used to seeing.

"Can I ask you something Kai, without you getting angry at me?" Zac's voice sounding slightly depressed.

"You can ask me anything Zachy, I'll never get angry at you." I answered a bit confused. Where was he going with this?

"Do you still love him?" He asked with a pained expression. If there's one thing I can say I hate seeing, it's Zac in pain. I've hurt him enough during Senior year of highschool and I never wanted to see that look on his face again.

A small gasp of surprise escaped my lips. What on earth would make him think something like that? "What?" Was the only intelligible thing that came out of my mouth.

He turned his head and gazed at me intensely. My entire body suddenly became extremely cold with chills...and not the good kind either.

"No, I don't love him." I breathed out softly, not knowing what else to say to make this situation better. I didn't want to say the wrong thing and start an all out war, so I approached it with caution. "Running into Ethan drudged up alot of unwanted feelings from the past. Feelings I could care less for. I love you Zachy, I always will." I leaned forward pecking him softly on the lips.

"That's what I thought." Zac smirked which caused me to grip a handful of his hair and pull on it playfully. "I love you more beautiful."

My eyes widened in surprise as we pulled up to the convention center where the Auto Show was being held. Aww...he remembered! I mentioned a few weeks ago when I saw the advertisement for the auto show that we should go.

"Surprised?" Zac grinned as he held the door open for me to get out the car.

"Very." I answered with an impressed nod.

The place was overly crowded as Zac held onto my hand tightly and weaved through the people. We were stopping at each and every car to admire the feel of the seats underneath us, as we posed cheesily for pictures.

"Be right back beautiful, going to the bathroom." Zac announced with a wink. "Wait for me here?"

"Ok, I'll be right here." I answered as I stood there admiring what I hoped to be my car in the near future. The Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG all chromed out in silver was the way to go...maybe I could talk Zac into getting me one when he becomes a hot young lawyer!

"Hey, I didn't know you were heading over here...we should've rode together." The voice I was hoping I wouldn't hear for a while said.

Seriously?!? I have got to go on a massive search for some four leaf clovers! Either that or go online and find myself a lucky rabbits foot, because my luck right now was non existent!

How does one person get this unlucky? Did I do something wrong in life to be tortured like this...if so please let me know so I could try and fix it!

"Hey Ethan, AJ...umm I didn't know I was headed over here." I stated while peeling my eyes off my dream car to face the two of them.

"Hi Kaila." AJ said with a smile and a small wave.

Please don't let Zac come out now....please don't let him come out! I prayed silently over and over again, remembering Zac's threat to kick Ethan's ass.